anybody use a ghost ring??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A ghost ring sight is kind of like a large peep sight.

#1. I don't want anything on my gun that can get hung up on clothing or whatever when trying to draw it.

#2. I don't want anything on my gun that forces me to take too much time trying to aim it.

For target shooting, I could see the benefits.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For self defense type carry guns I can't see myself needing any sights especially since most encounters are within 7 yards. That us point and shoot distance for me. Now if I gotta make head shot or return fire at someone hiding a notch and post that won't get hung on clothing is what works best.

eodsupplyguy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever had you life in danger while shooting from the hip? You lose fine motor skill when you adrenline starts pumping. You would probably end up shooting youself if you shoot from the hip. You should practice using you sights I'm pretty sure the teach you to use your sights at place like Gunsite and Thunder Ranch. That is just my opinion and I'm sure you won't agree with it.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sight picture is my hands and the gun pointed at the target from at 7 yards. There isn't time or need to align the front and rrear sights when seconds count. After 7 yards you have to at least pick up the front sight o put a hit on a body size target. After 12ish yards I have to start making sure I have the front and rear aligned.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you ever had you life in danger while shooting from the hip? You lose fine motor skill when you adrenline starts pumping. You would probably end up shooting youself if you shoot from the hip. You should practice using you sights I'm pretty sure the teach you to use your sights at place like Gunsite and Thunder Ranch. That is just my opinion and I'm sure you won't agree with it.

I don't care what Gunsite and Thunder Ranch teach. I was taught by CLEET. And in confrontational situations, where someone is only a few feet from you, or capable of covering 7 yards quickly, if you wait until you bring the gun up to use your sights, you'll wind up getting it taken away from you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom