Anybody used M&S Processed Brass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried other peoples ready to load brass minus the primers.
Not one time ever did that brass out group my self prepped ready to load brass.

4 to 4.5 minutes per case for my prep job.
I do have time to reload and I have time to shoot but what I shoot from my barrels better be of the utmost accuracy or it is all wasted time and I might as well go back to 1980's where a 20 round box of store ammo would last a few years.
1 or 2 shots to sight in and 1 for the deer I will kill.

Prepping brass does suck but I really like the end result I get with my brass.

I completely agree with everything you said there, especially the end result. My main hang-up is time, I have so little extra time that I'd rather spend as much of it shooting as I can. If I did all my own prep, my range time would be far less than what it currently is, which already isn't much...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read on the link you posted and read that if using flat base bullets you will need to chamfer or expand the case mouth.
I would expect that was done to prepped cases.
Seems that they do not do that so for me it would be a hard pass.
After I chamfer I need to deburr sometimes and nylon brush the case out.

I also have no idea if the lube they used has been removed.
Or is it the "it will dry kind"

I need utmost even seating pressures and dry or wet lube in necks can't give me that.
I anneal all my rifle cases every time also so there is that.

Lapua cases out of the box or out of the box and ran through a resizer do not shoot as good for me as the second firing of the Lapua case and the full prep.

Yea finding time is a killer but I do not shoot all that much anymore.
Some rifles i take to the range may only get 5 rounds shot through them and others maybe a max ever of 50 rounds and that takes a few hours to shoot that many for me.

I have taken my prepped cases to the range and loaded them multiple times at the range with the simplest process.

Wipe down fired case brush neck and lube and resize.
Qtip the lube out of the neck and wipe down again and prime and load.
Load with Lee scooper.
My press was attached to my trailer hitch reciever and later I made a simple wood stand and could prop it against the shooting table.

Under 1" at 100 yards easy.

That is actually a fun time and many people come over and watch the reloading process.
Outdoor Lexington gun range of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom