Anyone else have a SHTF Bag or Bug Out Bag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seurto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
total economic and social meltdown.. and no power source..
I got vehicles that run on 3 different types of combustion, and plan on getting horses this year.

If I'm hoofin it out with that pack, its got to be purty darn bad.. got a buddy who lives in BFE colorado rockies, prolly take me 2wks to get there.. With no complications.. (i.e. hostile locals, cannibals, zombies, pre-lim ice age, etc, etc)

Otherwise, we bunker down and attempt to assist in protecting the community in which we live.

Bubbadreier

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
@ seurto- I plan on using the packs for all of our camping trips this summer, and only whats in the bags. Once I feel that we are both comfortable with the bags then they will be put in our cars. The only reason I was going with a Tactical Vest was for a few extra pockets of things that I might need close at hand. (gun, ammo, lighter, snack, etc..)I don't know if I would want the added weight of the armor. I also have a great dane and you just gave me a great idea! But you also have to realize how much food our great danes eat. That might be hard to come by in a true SHTF situation.

@ onearmedman- Do you mean what situation(s) must occur for us to use our BOB? Well for me it would any situation that I can no longer stay in my apartment and be safe.

What do you guys think have having a perdetermined bug out location that you could stock pile some supplies at? that way if you do end having to stay bugged out for longer then you thought, you have a place to stock up that isn't your house.

royallbinky

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you guys think have having a perdetermined bug out location that you could stock pile some supplies at? that way if you do end having to stay bugged out for longer then you thought, you have a place to stock up that isn't your house.

I am planning on Bugging In as well as some others have said. I live in a pretty remote area and so I feel I am better preparing to stay here. For those that will be coming here as their buggout location I encourage them to pre-stock items they will need and rotate them on a regular basis.

seurto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@ seurtoI also have a great dane and you just gave me a great idea! But you also have to realize how much food our great danes eat. That might be hard to come by in a true SHTF situation.

In a SHTF situation, as much as family as the pets are, food for thier survival will become much less of a priority than them being food for your survival.. It is something you must consider, when thinking these thoughts to thier fullest. Animals are pretty resourceful when it comes to feeding themselves, teach them how to hunt and they may even bring enough back for you as well.. ;)

As far as pre-determining a place for stockpiling, that would demand that you have another place to bug out to.. Many people use the term to "head for the hills" and bug out, yet seldom think thoroughly on where they are going or what they are gonna do when they get there.. There's already people somewhere, where your thinking of bugging out to, and, they've been living there and prepping this entire time, and will not likely be interested in sharing if things get bad enough that entire cities are bugging out en mass..

Just something for you to think about..

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any place to go to, so Norman it is. Far enough from the 2 local ICBM/SLBM targets to survive the blast. It would have to be BAD for Fido, Rover & Kitty to make it to the menu. Urban/suburban hunting come to mind. It's still a good idea to have a "bag" in the car in case you have to make your way home after an event.

JP0212

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am all about getting things squared away in the bug out department. Living in Phoenix my only option would be to bug out. There is pretty much no natural source of food or water and 4.5 million people to compete with for what little bit there is. This place would turn into hell real quick. I have a group of friends living in Wyoming and we are getting all of ourselves squared away and creating a "co-op". Lot's of food and water where I would be going. To get there I have a Tyr tactical vest with IIIA soft and level IV plates, Ops-Core Ballistic helmet (on the way) and a Camelbak BFM full of stuff to survive on. I will get a detailed list up soon. My wife has her own Camelbak Motherlode and I have a 5.11 Rush 12 and Rush 24 that will go to my nephew and niece so they can carry their own food and water. I do hope that I get to move to Tulsa very soon to get away from the hell that is Phoenix.

Latest posts

Top Bottom