Walmart Bagging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll just start taking my paper Whole Foods sacks to Sprouts.
Yep. More I think about it, I'll bet they are turning a profit on this scheme, and getting mother earth points at the same time.

I'm guessing most of the bags don't come back. And I'd be surprised if they pay more than 2-3 cents. So seems to me they've found a way to shift a cost of doing business to their customer. And if they complain, they are earth haters.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe every word of John’s interaction, and I refuse to use self checkout anywhere. I prefer going to Krogers here in east TX, but if my wife does the grocery shopping, she uses WMart pickup.
On the subject of bagging, if my wife buys 99 items, she’ll come home with 95 bags, because whoever pulls and checks out the order puts only 1 item in the vast majority of the bags. My mother is one of those weirdos that carries her own cloth bags when she grocery shops. :rolleyes2

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only advantages of plastic bags are you can carry a whole bunch of them when you are unloading your groceries at home, and they are the perfect size to line that small waste basket everyone has under the bathroom sink. Aside from that, I despise plastic sacks.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I am at Walmart scanning and bagging my almost $300 worth of groceries while the employee that wants $15 an hour "monitors" and then this happened.

Her - why are you double bagging all of your groceries?

Me - excuse me?

Her - you are wasting our bags!

Me - if you don't like the way I'm bagging the groceries, feel free to come on over here and bag them yourself.

Her - that's not my job!

Me - okay, then I will bag my groceries how I please if that's all right with you.

Her - why are you using two bags?!

Me - because the bags are weak and I don't want the handles to break or the bottoms to rip out.

Her - well that's because you are putting too much stuff in the bag. If you took half of that stuff out and put it in a different bag then you wouldn't need to double bag.

*10 seconds of me just staring at her.

Me - so you want me to split these items in half and put half of them in a different bag so that I don't have to double bag.

Her - exactly.

Me - so I would still be using two bags to hold the same number of items.

Her - no because you wouldn't be double bagging.

*me pressing two fingers to my left eye in an attempt to make it stop twitching.

Me - okay so here I have a jug of milk and a bottle of juice double bagged. If I take the milk out and remove the double bagging and just put the milk in the single bag and the juice in that single bag I'm still using two bags for these two items.

Her- no because you are not double bagging them so it's not the same number of bags.

*me looking around at about 10 other customers who at this point are enjoying the show.

Me- is this like that Common Core math stuff I keep hearing about?

Her- never mind you just don't get it.

And with that, she went back to her little Podium so she could continue texting or playing games on her phone or what1ever it was she was doing before she decided to come over and critique my bagging skills.😂😂
Hilarious! Sad, But True!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only advantages of plastic bags are you can carry a whole bunch of them when you are unloading your groceries at home, and they are the perfect size to line that small waste basket everyone has under the bathroom sink. Aside from that, I despise plastic sacks.
Don't leave out dog poop bags! We use a couple every week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom