Anyone ever use Red River Ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicsinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot about 150 rounds of their .40 at the range in my Glock they fed extracted and fired fine. No more "fouling" than anything else. The only problem I experienced with the Red River Ammo was that every one of them the Glock striker pierced thru the primer face. EVERY one of them. Couldn't tell you if it is their primers or the spring in my Glock(which as far as I know is factory) Any other ammo I fired thru my Glock had a nice deep striker impression. Any comments RedRiverAmmo? I probly should have contacted them but did not know they were an actual local entity, excuse my ignorance I'm still learning my Oklahoma geography. I still have the brass if you guys would like to take a look at it.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had nothing but problems with the Red River Ammo I bought in the group buy. Every tenth round or so was a fail to fire. I also had many rounds expand in the chamber and have to be forced out.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I appreciate your interest. We work hard to turn out a good product. Like every ammo company, we have hiccupps occasionally. That is why we keep detailed records of every component that makes up every lot of ammunition. Just the other day a friend had to pound out a squib from a brand new box of Federal ammo. While I make no apologies for our quality, which is as good or better than anything you will pick up at walmart, if you do ever have a problem, please look at the box or tray the round came from for the stamped lot number. Shoot me an email or a pm with the issue and lot number and that will allow us to trace back to what components, machine, loader, etc produced that round.

I encourage you all to pick up a box or two and try us out. We are a local Oklahoma company and we appreciate your business.

Happy Shooting,

Trevor Tindle, President
405-513-6632

Hmmm.. so if we were to have a problem with your ammo.. you want us to take the time to fire you off a e-mail with the lot info so you can improve your ammo.. but for our out-of-pocket expense of the bad round & our time for sending you the info.... we get zilch / nadda / zero consideration... think I'll pass on your product. Many manufacturers would give some kind of credit, replacement or other consideration for the customer's inconvenience and help in improving the product line.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The 9mm ammo I had was the worst ammo I have ever purchased. I have never had the problems I had with Red River from any other ammo manufacture.

It was 3000 rounds just to let you know and all of it had problems!

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend gave me two boxes of .45 ACP ball. It functioned just fine and I had no accuracy issues. But, I have never fired any other .45 ammo that dirty. Took me three times as long to clean my guns.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm.. so if we were to have a problem with your ammo.. you want us to take the time to fire you off a e-mail with the lot info so you can improve your ammo.. but for our out-of-pocket expense of the bad round & our time for sending you the info.... we get zilch / nadda / zero consideration... think I'll pass on your product. Many manufacturers would give some kind of credit, replacement or other consideration for the customer's inconvenience and help in improving the product line.

Sounds pretty harsh. He didn't say "You get nothing in return", he simply omitted any kind of mention of what you get in return for your feedback. I also don't expect him to post publicly "If you have an issue I'll replace your entire box of ammo". Name one ammo brand that is bargain priced range ammo that makes any offer of return for your feedback?

I cant recall any ammo I've ever bought from Walmart having consistent issues. Yours sounds like it has had consistent issues.

Have to drive 30 mins to UPS??? Why don't you get an account with UPS and have them stop a truck at your place of business daily? Sounds like poor logistics management to me, not a cost you should pass on to your customers.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds pretty harsh.

Did you even see the slightest hint of a apology? I didn't. In fact it was just the opposite... "I make no apologies for our quality, which is as good or better than anything you will pick up at walmart,

I especially call BS on that underlined part.... comparing the quality of their ammo to Federal & Winchester is a joke. You really think this Red River stuff is even remotely on par with Federal's Hydra-shok or Winchester PDX or their white boxed ammo... or Remington... these are companies that have been in the ammo business before this guy was born? They also have the finest manufacturing equipment money can buy. These people at Red River have a problem just getting a UPS shipment off to customers. Geesh, I've read less complaints about Tula & Bear ammo than I have this Red River!

And I regularly hear of the larger gun & ammo companies compensating customers for problems..... you have trouble with a gun.. the company fixes it and sends you a extra magazine... or a hat or something for your trouble.. you send some ammo companies a picture of their ammo having had several split / puckered cases or the primers have burned through several times in one box.. they send you a box of ammo or something for your troubles. Some will ask that you mail them the casing for examination.

It wasn't all that long ago that Hornady had a problem with hard primers when its Critical Defense ammo came out... they compensated a lot of their customers for the problem ammo they had purchased and changed the primers being used in production.

Last edited:

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot quite a bit of Red River Ammo ammunition in several different calibers. I have never experienced a single issue.

Please keep in mind that if your firearm is not stock, ie you have changed springs or lightened the trigger, light strikes are not the fault of the ammo manufacturer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom