Anyone ever use Red River Ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have shot quite a bit of Red River Ammo ammunition in several different calibers. I have never experienced a single issue.

Please keep in mind that if your firearm is not stock, ie you have changed springs or lightened the trigger, light strikes are not the fault of the ammo manufacturer.

Is the expanded case that has to be knocked out of the barrel a fault of the not stock firearm? That happened a few times with this ammo.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't really say without seeing the case and/or measuring the bore. I just know I and others have shot MANY THOUSANDS of rounds of Red River Ammo without issue. I know for a fact the light primer strikes were due to a lightened trigger. It would be obtuse to not at least consider any other problems might be firearm related instead of automatically blaming the ammunition. Jus sayin

T

TheRealGman

David2012 - It's called being a good dude. The guy is trying to start a local company and is asking for feedback. Why does there have to be a handout or a kickback? Keep paying $0.50 - $0.60 a shell so they can pay you when it doesnt perform.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't really say without seeing the case and/or measuring the bore. I just know I and others have shot MANY THOUSANDS of rounds of Red River Ammo without issue. I know for a fact the light primer strikes were due to a lightened trigger. It would be obtuse to not at least consider any other problems might be firearm related instead of automatically blaming the ammunition. Jus sayin

lol....no, it was the ammo, we tried it in multiple guns.

jduff8505

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a member of several different forums, and vendor/member bashing has always been frowned upon by all of them. I really hate to see a vendor and a member at odds with each other on the public forum. Is this not a policy of this forum? I haven't tried the Red River ammo myself, however being a new up and coming reloader I would like to share my loads with others on the site, and have them work with me to improve my process. There are going to be growing pains with new businesses, and attitude from both customer and vendor can be what makes or breaks it.

Jeff

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used approximately 1300 rounds out of 2000 I bought in a group buy of Red River Ammo .40 Cal in 3 different guns(1 Glock 27 and 2 SA XDM's) I have not had a single malfunction. I have used about 350 rounds out of 1000 .223 from Red River that I bought second hand. No Problems with the .223 either. I will not hesitate to use their ammo again.

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have only used their ammo once. When I pulled the tray out of the box, I noticed that one of the rounds was shorter than the rest. Closer examination revealed it to be 9mm Makerov brass. I had no problems with the rest of the ammo in the box. But I do recall thinking that it was priced like premium ammo - performed like discount ammo. I might be inclined to give them another try - but not at premium prices.....

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive shot about 1000 rounds of their stuff, my wife's sig doesn't like the hard primers but everything else I put it in it shoots great in and pretty accurately

Latest posts

Top Bottom