Anyone have a Kimber Solo, 1911 9mm compact or Sig P224?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gecko77799

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really want my wife to test shoot any of these and can't find any range that rents any of them. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any of these anywhere near the Edmond/Guthrie/Jones/Okc area that is going to the range anytime over the next couple weeks that would allow my wife to test fire a couple mags worth if I provide the ammo.

Please PM me if you do. Thanks in advance.

Kimber Solo
Kimber 1911 9mm compact (ultra carry or similar) Sig P224

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sis has a Kimber Solo CDP, she/we rarely ever get out to the range though. I can say, I LOVE the Solo CDP especially. The size is excellent, the ergonomics are perfect, the reliability has been excellent, the accuracy is very good and with the CDP package you get excellent night sights and the laser grips, which in a small carry gun, makes all the difference in the world. Her schedule doesn't give much opportunity for going to the range but I'll ask her about it and if she can do it I'll let you know.

She also has a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II but it's a .45acp, not a 9mm. It took us close to two years at the time to get a Solo CDP, we came across a few normal Solo's but the CDP was elusive. The only thing I would recommend, other than getting a CDP, is try to find one that was built recently. Some of the early ones had issues and really soured the Solo name which is a shame since they are fantastic guns.

gecko77799

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meant to also say OKC on my initial post but app wouldn't save the edit.
Also added HK P2000sk v3 SA/DA to that list.

Thanks Brandi. I've heard both sides on the Solo but really want her to fire one before I drop that much money.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Solo is a neat lil gun, you just gotta watch out for it's sharp sides on the slide, I ripped a hole in my shirt cuz I accidentally got it stuck. The Springfield Armory EMP is a nice lil compact 9mm 1911. I haven't heard much about the P224, I really want to try it out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spazzwarr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Colt 1911 lightweight Defender (Compact) chambered in 9 mm. I am very happy with it. Very accurate. Very little recoil and stays on target. Put about 250 rounds through it without any problems. I have heard about some problems with the OEM mags. I shoot both OEM and Wilson and have had no problems. Colt Defenders are a little pricey, somewhere around $900-$950.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested in the Solo also. One of my friends at our PD carries one for a backup. Looking at the specs on it and the Kahr CW9, they are very close in most aspects except price. I have a Kahr CW.380 and like it very much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom