Anyone have a MSAR STG 556?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reliability? Accuracy? As I understand it the E4s will take the MSAR mags and AR mags? How do you tell one generation from the other?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They lost a forward assist somewhere along the way - I've heard the newer models with no forward assist are much better, but I don't honestly have any experience with them - I'd love to own one (or a real AUG for that matter), but its just not high on my priority list.

If I hit the lotto, we'll all have one!

Khest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say do not buy MSAR cause they are broken from the factory; just forum reading mind you to form this opinion. When I say broken, prob 99% from the factory are working. They make up for it with great customer service. But once you get a good one they keep going and great to shoot I understand.

Also earlier this year the company was hit with a litigation for not paying for CNC machines...form your own opinion about the company based on that.

Here is is a link to the bull-pup forum on AR15.com, so far the best forum for all the known American bull-pup rifles minus the FN ones; but they have their own subforum there.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=43

I myself passed up on MSAR and went with the Steyr Aug A3 when it came out this year. That being the original company and an upgrade to original design from 1970s.

E4 Pros:
Takes most AR-15 mags, some have a too tight fit
Short bull pup rifle vs regular rifle
Great customer service
Lots of parts from the factory
Several dealers are exclusive to AUG clones support it
AUG clone for up to half the price of the new A3, and much cheaper than pre ban A1 and A2
American made, so if Steyr abandons the market US market again you will have parts and service

Cons:
Lots of customer complaints of it broken from the factory
If have an older model Gen 1-3 only takes MSAR mags not Steyr
Lot of negative opinions against the owner and company (if truthful unknown)

Lots of pros right? Best bet go to H&H if your in OKC and pick it up and compare to the Steyr A3 there. Cant shoot em but hey handling is half the fun of looking :)

Best regards,
Khest

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or, if you follow the knife forums, you might be a bit leery of Tony Marfione and his version of, "customer service," after the initial glow of a NEW PRODUCT!!!! has worn off.:slap:

MT turns out some phenominal products, but when things go bad, they go really bad...($$$)

Peruse jerzeedevil forums and/or microholics.org

Khest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent heard anything much about the Microtech Knives. I heard they were some good ones several years ago, but do not hear about them anymore nor seen them.

Khest

Latest posts

Top Bottom