Anyone headed to the Metcalf show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dont knoe abourt gun shows anymore period. I used to be able to get good deals from the vendors, but , not so much anymore. The last few times I have went looking to buy a gun I could buy it cheaper at Academy. I still go to the big ones , but , more so just for something to do . You can get a good deal doing ftf buys. Sometimes you can get military ammo for a good price. I went looking for reloading components last time . The guy that has the big table set up with all the projectiles had his stuff jacked up so high it looked like he was buying from midway and marking it up %100. They are just a place to get jerky and walk around anymore.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went for lack of something better to do. I had no expectations of buying anything, but ended up getting a great deal on a shotgun. I was really shocked.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This show was full and about 90% firearms, not alot of flea market junk (though it did have some there just not much) I bought a couple of guns worth the $$.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I caved and went because a friend who hadn't been to a show in years wanted to go. I was surprised. There was very little flea market junk, mostly guns, ammo (though it lacked there somewhat) and knives like a show should be. Prices showed some sanity here and there.

Got a wild hair and bought a Sub 2000 in 9mm.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
poopgiggle, there was a time when a Metcalf show was permeated with the "beanie baby" crowd. Seemed like everywhere you turned were trinkets and beef jerky and flea market stuff. That seems to be largely reversed these days with most shows being mostly gun-related.

His entrance prices are too high and I get the impression his table prices might be. I don't know that from experience, though. I guess most of the OKC and Tulsa prices are about the same, $12 ? However, he comes to Ardmore once a year and charges $8. And, this is for a very small show. Competing shows in Duncan, Tishomingo, Ada and Durant are generally $5, sometimes $6.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
ronny this is NOT directed at you in particular, but to everyone in general...if $2 makes the difference about going to the show, people have no business going....they ought to get a weekend job or go to school

poopgiggle, there was a time when a Metcalf show was permeated with the "beanie baby" crowd. Seemed like everywhere you turned were trinkets and beef jerky and flea market stuff. That seems to be largely reversed these days with most shows being mostly gun-related.

His entrance prices are too high and I get the impression his table prices might be. I don't know that from experience, though. I guess most of the OKC and Tulsa prices are about the same, $12 ? However, he comes to Ardmore once a year and charges $8. And, this is for a very small show. Competing shows in Duncan, Tishomingo, Ada and Durant are generally $5, sometimes $6.

Latest posts

Top Bottom