Anyone hunt hogs with irons on their ARs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Who needs AR's? Just lever guns and a Boar Spear are all you need... Maybe a dog or two would help.
ai887.photobucket.com_albums_ac80_jessecampbell_2010_Deadhog008.jpg

Ya think?? The understatement of the month.:D

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer iron sights if I am in the middle of a herd at close distance and just want to go berzerk on their ass. I can shoot with both eyes open and aim for somewhere in the body. I'm just going for contact and not instant kills. I'm fine with them running off and dying in the next day or so and not recovering them... which is about how good my iron sight shooting is! :) Best hog is a dead hog, coming in second is a gut shot hog that will soon be a dead hog.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer iron sights if I am in the middle of a herd at close distance and just want to go berzerk on their ass. I can shoot with both eyes open and aim for somewhere in the body. I'm just going for contact and not instant kills. I'm fine with them running off and dying in the next day or so and not recovering them... which is about how good my iron sight shooting is! :) Best hog is a dead hog, coming in second is a gut shot hog that will soon be a dead hog.

I agree with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom