Anyone in pest control!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We've been overrun with ticks, those nasty little,blood sucking,disease carrying scum. usually i don't get upst about a few ticks,but we have a bunch. i'm looking for estimates to treat the house and yard or some advice on what i can do. i have used the liquid spectracide twice and the granuals once with almost no results.Help!

if you are in pest control,pm me for some info,thanks

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same problem. I doubled up on what the packages said, and made sure to concentrate on the perimeter. I also switched from Frontline to Advantix for my dog and saw a big difference. Also, you will find stuff stronger than Spectracide if you go to Swaim vet supply, which is also where I get my Advantix. Cheapest place in town.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in pest control, but my Vet has straight up told me Frontline does not work anymore. Its been so widely used for so long that the insects have built an immunity to it.

stone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can go to Estes Chemical in OKC.. It is on NW 5th street in the 1800 block. They will sell you what the pros use. I had a mosquito problem and 30 dollars later, I have no bugs at all. That stuff you buy at lowes doesnt work near as well as this stuff.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can go to Estes Chemical in OKC.. It is on NW 5th street in the 1800 block. They will sell you what the pros use. I had a mosquito problem and 30 dollars later, I have no bugs at all. That stuff you buy at lowes doesnt work near as well as this stuff.

Is there anyplace in Tulsa like that too?

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure to spray your trees and bushes well. Ticks aren't very mobile. They sense heat and drop from trees or transfer from rubbing on bushes or tall grass. Mow the yard tight and spray the trees.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've got the dog protected(shameless plug for OkVet03). i need to get the yard protected and and maybe the interior of the house, i'll try Estes and see what they have,thanks

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I am in the Pest Control business for 33 years. I use Tempo SC on yards for Ticks and Advantage is good for on the dog. Tulsa has a pest control supply called Univar for the guy that asked that question. You can purchase Tempo SC Ultra at most Coop or farm supply. Helena Chemical down here in SW Oklahoma has it. By the Estes Chemical was bought out by Windfield Solutions. Same people and product just a different name. I get most of my chemical from them.

glockman25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i bought some stuff on amazon u mix with a gallon of water i got like 30 servings wont ever use it all its supposedly same stuff pros use it was lilke 40 bucks hell if u ever by tinker afb id give u a baggie of it

Latest posts

Top Bottom