Anyone need any cheap ar15 Blem receivers? $41.99

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a spikes blem lower from AIM once, thinking it would only be cosmetic. However, there wasn't a scratch on it when it came in. It wasn't until I started to put it together that I realized what was wrong. The hole where the safety detent and spring goes was not completely bored out. It was done most of the way, so I took a drill press and opened up the hole. First time I had to go and drill on an AR, but it worked out great. Can't tell a difference. Still, I figured "blem" was cosmetic only. I was wrong, at least in this instance.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I dealt with the first Anderson blem that was functionally impaired.

Where the front take down pin has the flat, the surface on the lower was too high, preventing the pin from being fully seated. A file will fix it easily.

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_BlemSurface_zpsc538a868.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't even use a knife anymore. Just hold the pin loosely between two fingers, depress with takedown pin, and ba-da-boom! done.

Ditto. Except I use a pair of needlenose to hold the pin... I got fat fingers.

And do it inside a gallon-size plastic Ziploc or something... then if the pin DOES get launched, it doesn't go anywhere. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom