Anyone on here have experience with Drones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here I go....with my love/hate relationship with technology. I've been looking at purchasing a professional grade drone so we can experiment with inspections (business)for a couple of years. Today, I received my first official survey from one of my clients wanting to know which of their vendors has a drone team, if we plan on purchasing a drone and why if we were not.

I'm in the insurance claims business and I provide independent adjusters to access damage to residential, commercial and Farm/Ranch properties (no auto).

So, I'm in the market for a commercial/professional grade drone. One that has extended battery life and is capable of high resolution imagery and video.

Anyone know where I can go look, touch and talk to someone who sells these in the Tulsa area or even OKC?

If you have any information regarding obtaining proper licensing so we can do this legally would also be very helpful.

I guess the + side of this is I will have a new toy that will compliment one of my hobbies which is videography and film editing.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No such sellers around here. I'm into quadcopters. Or UaS. Your gonna have to do the part 107 licencing for your business also. Dji has the commercial sector pretty much locked down. Check out their stuff. Plug and play thermals on their big stuff. Pricey tho.

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do know some people around tulsa that have survey business. I can possibly put you in touch with them.

Kyle - Thanks for both post. Yes, I appreciate contact info for anyone in the Tulsa area that I can talk to about getting into this arena. I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". I don't want to spend $500 and then shortly realize that I needed to have spent $1500 on what I actually need.

I'll research the 107 licensing as well.

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best buy carries DJI drones from prices between $450-$1500.

Cool - I assumed they had them, but didn't know they'd have DJI at those price points. Best I can tell, I'm going to need to spend somewhere between $1500-2500 to get something decent that I can use for the next few years.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Advanced and am in Tulsa. If you are wanting to meet up in Tulsa and have a once over with it send me an IM. Be careful buying one in a box store. all the ones Ive seen are the standard version which I would not recommend.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really wanted one until I pictured my drone being shot down by a neighbor....lol the only difference between the cheaper DJI and more expensive ones were battery life, distance it could go, and camera quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom