Anyone own a Kel-Tec P11?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aodh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one of the early production guns (sn 06xxx) that I bought back probably 1995-1997. I've probably got 150 rounds or so so through with no problems that I can recollect. It has spent most of it's life as an "under the seat" weapon in various vehicles and has had little love and attention. Still goes bang every time I pull the trigger all the way.

Trigger pull is long (I just measured it at approx 1"), but feels lighter than mentioned above, say eight or ten pounds. Feather lite compared to a Sig Mosquito I briefly owned that allegedly had a 13# pull that felt more like 25#.

Only problem I ever have with it, and it may be due to old stiff fingers, is that if I get too much finger on the trigger, I can't get the trigger all the way back to "break". When that happens I have to re-grip and try again or no "boom".

"Brisk" doesn't really describe the gun firing a "hot" round-- Cor Bon 90gr +P's hurt. The gun will do 5" 5 shot groups at Happy Hollow's first pistol berm in my hands with the +P's. (I've only shot there once and have no visualization of the distance--I was there burning up old reloads in another gun. I was going to "burn" up the 10 year old CorBons, but after one magazine I decided it hurt too much). Someone less recoil shy can probably do better. I'm a wuss.

The gun is a "no dry fire", probably because of the stiker problem mentioned above, so you have to keep a snap cap in it, which is very disconcerting when you rack back the slide after its been in the safe a while!!

rrd101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I brought one new in 1999 Never had any problems with it
Shot pretty good at 15-20 yards trigger dose take some getting use to
I did install a trigger shoe on mine
Traded it when I got my Kahr K9

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I shot one that a member here had worked on. Still a stiff shooter, but doable. However, for the purposes, I'd get a PF9 over the P11, as the only reason I'd be getting something that small would be for BUG or deep cover carry, and then slim and light would be bigger factors than a few extra rounds.

If I could fit a double stack, I'd be looking at a Glock 26.

mercman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iv had one about 5 years. I bought it to carrie but wound up throwing it in my truck. I shot it quite a bit when it was new with no problems. I just didn't like the trigger that much.

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bought one and have 150rds thru it, and it's different, but I Like It. Trigger pull is 8.5lbs, and heavy, but is made that way intentionally. It will not fire, unless that "heavy" trigger is pulled all the way back. The travel and heavy pull are there for a reason, and although small, it feels better in my hand than the PF9 that seems too thin. Pocket carry is perfect, and it seems quick to draw and sight, and has available 12rd mags and finger extensions. Two twelves, and 1 in the chamber makes pretty good use of a 50rd box of JHP's. :thumbup3::thumbup3: , from me!

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A trigger shoe is a BIG help for the gun. After that, consider the lighter trigger spring if it is an older one and the pinkie extension or extended mag is about a must too. I like mine. They do take a little getting used to, cut they're not bad. I'd liken it to the kind of practice you should do with a J frame snubbie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom