Anyone remember old Tulsa restaurant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember the old Casa Bonita in Tulsa. The indoor waterfall was cool.

I also remember the Casa Bonita in OKC. Never did make it to the one in Denver.
I’m glad to have gone to all three locations, especially since the Denver visit was with my family when the kids were young. The Tulsa location was convenient when going to the airport.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Dad was stationed at Lowery AFB in the early '70s, we went to the Casa Bonita in Denver many times.
When we moved back to Oklahoma after he retired I was actually a little disappointed in the Tulsa Casa Bonita. I was only 13 years old then so my opinion might not have been well founded.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
This thread got me to thinking about a diner I used to eat at in Tulsa back in the 90's called Ollies , apparently its still open and in business.
Ollie’s Station in the Red Fork area of West Tulsa has all those toy trains.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread got me to thinking about a diner I used to eat at in Tulsa back in the 90's called Ollies , apparently its still open and in business.
I worked with Ollie a couple decades ago. Good old dude, except for cheating on his wife. Apparently he was nailing a waitress there, divorce ensued and wifey told IRS about some nefarious practices. (that's when he lost the business) He and waitress came to work at the same place I did - she in one end of the plant, Ollie at the hot end of the plant with us.

Ollie was quite a bit older than his girlfriend, and before too long she was single, as in "passed around the factory like a party favor" single.

I reckon he earned that. I miss those days, entertaining as hell.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the 80s or 90s my father and I would visit Tulsa and he always wanted to eat at an old cafe. The only thing I remember about it was the pineapple cobbler. It was great. Especially if you had been drinking, which I did back in the day.

Probably I good thing I had stopped smoking weed by then. :spaghetti:

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Back in the 80s or 90s my father and I would visit Tulsa and he always wanted to eat at an old cafe. The only thing I remember about it was the pineapple cobbler. It was great. Especially if you had been drinking, which I did back in the day.

Probably I good thing I had stopped smoking weed by then. :spaghetti:
Probably was the Denver Grill right downtown.
Lost restaurants of Tulsa: Denver Grill

In 1988 my wife and I went there for our Thanksgiving dinner…lol

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's been a while, but does anyone remember the restaurant in Tulsa called "Ma Bells"?
was having a discussion here and I seem to remember that before it became "Ma Bells" it was named "Across the street" or something like that. I'm trying to remember the previous name.
location was just east of sheridan on the south side of admiral I think... been a while since I've been in the area, might have the location completely wrong.

ck
Correctomundo!

Latest posts

Top Bottom