Anyone remember old Tulsa restaurant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It was "Across the street" then "Ma bells" now its a steak and bbq place.
I think Ats and Mb's were the same. just a name change. they had several around town.
Did you ever eat at the "Library" on 51st east of harvard? If I remember right it was the same concept with the telephones for ordering.

Yes, but the best known Library was on 11th street just east of Delaware.Big hangout for TU students in its day.Good hamburgers.

clk1019

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to you all....

I do not remember the "Library"
I do remember the Metro

I also remember the old Hardees right across 11th from the stadium, used to walk over there with my mother when I was little from time to time...

ck

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a Ma Bell's at 51st and Harvard. It is a pub now, between Papa John's and Sushi train

The Sushi Train was a Mama Lou's.

Not saying that adjacent spot (which is currently the Dusty Dog, and was Rick's Cafe Americain) wasn't a Ma Bell's, but I am too young to recall those days. But throwing that out there in case it helps some of you old timers remember.

The alleged Ma Bell's on Yale by St Francis Hospital was not a Ma Bell's, but was a Boomerang (just like the ones in OKC). It didn't last long and is currently the Mahogany. Sometime in there (not sure if before or after it was Boomerang) it was also an Italian place. Bellini's was the name perhaps?

Source: I lived in that neighborhood (51st/61st and Harvard/Yale) through 1999, and my father still live there. I recall a lot, but was too young at the time remember everything. I do remember shopping at Southroads when it was an actual mall (weren't Renbergs and Vandivers there?), and the Annex was down the road. And where the Diamond Jack's and Coney-I-Lander used to be there before they leveled it all and built the movie theatre.

This is a good link:

http://irritatedtulsan.wordpress.com/2008/10/14/vintage-ads-from-tulsas-past/

:)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When did Ma Bell's close down? (the 51st & Harvard area location)

Dad was trying to convince me that it was still open when I was a kid just the other day, but I sure as hell don't remember it and I'm pretty sure there's a two-decade period that is one big smokey blur to my dad and he has no perception of the passage of time.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea, I skated there a couple times. Do you remember the theater that was there too?
I remember all the great stores and movie theaters they tore down to build that ugly williams center
I really miss all the junk/resale stores that were along 1st & archer streets in the 60's

Latest posts

Top Bottom