Anyone used UTG products?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother in law recently installed a UTG free float rail on his AR. It seems to be a well constructed product. I was wondering if any members had bought, used and installed any UTG products and was hoping to get some feedback before I spent my money on them. Thanks.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't knock them too bad, but I've heard a lot of stories of UTG parts failing.

I had a UTG VFG that developed a crack in it (this was way back before the Election scare and UTG started pumping parts out into the mainstream AR world). It was made of PVC plastic and was basically Airsoft quality.

I've got friends who learned the hard way that you don't get something for nothing - one had a UTG quadrail and it got pretty loose over time of actual use, the other had a UTG mount that he had an NcStar scope on - couldn't get the scope to hold zero and eventually just put it in a different mount. It held zero fine until the scope died about 6 months later.

If I were looking at a Quad Rail on a budget, I'd probably go with YHM or MI well before I'd put a UTG on my rifle (especially a free floating). You can get a Troy for a little more if you can catch them on sale at the right place/time and they're even better.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's entry level stuff but they are in the process of cleaning up their image. I have one of there 4-16x50 scopes that has great reviews (not the old stuff the new 5th gen) and I am happy with it especially sense I was going to spend 3x that amount...

cbolt01

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one of the quad rails on an ak47. It seems to be pretty sturdy. And has a very cheap price tag compared to others. The only complaints I have is that it is very heavy, And the allen head screws that are used to attach it are kinda weak and will strip out during install if your not careful.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is one of the reasons I am hesitant about buying UTG. You nearly always get what you pay for. So YHM and MI are better, but still budget friendly?

Latest posts

Top Bottom