Anyone used UTG products?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a UTG quad rail handguard on my AR-15. It came on a complete upper. I can't see anything about it that would make it inferior to any other handguard. I have a bigass scope but it's mounted to the upper. I can't imagine why you'd mount an optic to your handguard but even so, I think my UTG handguard would be up to the task. I haven't mounted any tacticool crap to it yet, though, I guess it could explode if I put a vertical forward grip or a bipod on it or something.

guns_not_groceries

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's worth waiting a bit longer to get a Midwest Industries, Troy Industries, or Yankee Hill Machine rail. If money is real tight- keep an eye out in our classifieds and over at ar15.com's classifieds for used rails, if you don't mind a couple scratches or dings you'll put in one anyway, you can save yourself some money.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I completely disagree. With careful shopping and research, each and every thing UTG makes can be had in a quality product for not a lot more money. They design nothing, and rely on the research and development of major producers.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's worth waiting a bit longer to get a Midwest Industries, Troy Industries, or Yankee Hill Machine rail. If money is real tight- keep an eye out in our classifieds and over at ar15.com's classifieds for used rails, if you don't mind a couple scratches or dings you'll put in one anyway, you can save yourself some money.

I don't mind mind used products....most of what I own is used....that's always where the best deals are. I want the free float so that I can mount a laser and not worry about accuracy issues. I am trying to make the rifle as user friendly as possible so that my wifey poo could just pick it up and use it if need be. She's pretty handy with a pistol but her little stubby arms (not as bad as a T.Rex) have trouble with rifles. Hope she never reads this!

Latest posts

Top Bottom