Anyway else do this when they're not carrying a handgun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Instead carry a LARGER knife than normal?

I normally carry a Kershaw of some flavor (Leek, Needs Work, Avalanche, or Spec Bump), but if for some reason I'm on my way out the door in a hurry and don't have time to put on the pistol rig, or for whatever reason don't take the pistol, then I sub out the Kershaw, instead grabbing this big honkin double-edged dude with the 4.5" blade:

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=61502

Theory being if something goes down, it won't beat a pistol but it will serve better than a little Kershaw. Sure I'm the only one....

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope because my employer has some very specific limitations on knives. My Gerber para frame is right on the edge of all of the restrictions covered by our weapons policy. Working in education is such a Joy on that particular frontier.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Working in education is such a Joy on that particular frontier.

Yep. It sucks.

I just reposition my TDI to strong-side. I normally wear it forward weak, so that it is accessible by both hands.

I don't carry either gun or knife M-F 8-5 though. I used to use a small folder for utility work, but someone threw a fit about it. So now I use a 12" saw blade to cut rope or twine.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. I have a P-32, so there's no excuse for going without a pistol except at work, where it's prohibited. Sadly, I can't even carry a pen knife there. :(

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats the legal limitations on the size of a fixed blade knife?

In Oklahoma, fixed blade knives are regulated by type, not length.

From O.S. 21-1272:

§21-1272. Unlawful carry.
UNLAWFUL CARRY
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry upon or about his or her person, or in a purse or other container belonging to the person, any pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle whether loaded or unloaded or any dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife, switchblade knife, spring-type knife, sword cane, knife having a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife, blackjack, loaded cane, billy, hand chain, metal knuckles, or any other offensive weapon, whether such weapon be concealed or unconcealed, except this section shall not prohibit:
1. The proper use of guns and knives for hunting, fishing, educational or recreational purposes;
2. The carrying or use of weapons in a manner otherwise permitted by statute or authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act;
3. The carrying, possession and use of any weapon by a peace officer or other person authorized by law to carry a weapon in the performance of official duties and in compliance with the rules of the employing agency; or
4. The carrying and use of firearms and other weapons provided in this subsection when used for the purpose of living history reenactment. For purposes of this paragraph, “living history reenactment” means depiction of historical characters, scenes, historical life or events for entertainment, education, or historical documentation through the wearing or use of period, historical, antique or vintage clothing, accessories, firearms, weapons, and other implements of the historical period.
B. Any person convicted of violating the foregoing provision shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable as provided in Section 1276 of this title.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Oklahoma, fixed blade knives are regulated by type, not length.

From O.S. 21-1272:

§21-1272. Unlawful carry.
UNLAWFUL CARRY
A. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry upon or about his or her person, or in a purse or other container belonging to the person, any pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle whether loaded or unloaded or any dagger, bowie knife, dirk knife, switchblade knife, spring-type knife, sword cane, knife having a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring, or other device in the handle of the knife, blackjack, loaded cane, billy, hand chain, metal knuckles, or any other offensive weapon, whether such weapon be concealed or unconcealed, except this section shall not prohibit:
1. The proper use of guns and knives for hunting, fishing, educational or recreational purposes;
2. The carrying or use of weapons in a manner otherwise permitted by statute or authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act;
3. The carrying, possession and use of any weapon by a peace officer or other person authorized by law to carry a weapon in the performance of official duties and in compliance with the rules of the employing agency; or
4. The carrying and use of firearms and other weapons provided in this subsection when used for the purpose of living history reenactment. For purposes of this paragraph, “living history reenactment” means depiction of historical characters, scenes, historical life or events for entertainment, education, or historical documentation through the wearing or use of period, historical, antique or vintage clothing, accessories, firearms, weapons, and other implements of the historical period.
B. Any person convicted of violating the foregoing provision shall be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable as provided in Section 1276 of this title.

So legally, could I carry a fullsize KA-BAR?

Latest posts

Top Bottom