Anywhere to get a gun Hard- Chromed in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always used Metaloy. They moved from Tulsa to Berryville Ark. 20-25 years ago. I just put the stuff in a box and shipped it.
They are gun guys and know what they are doing, not like Billy-Bobs bumper chrome shop.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+100 on Metaloy... the primary reason they went to Berryville is because of the several custom manufactures (Nighthawk, Wilson and Guncrafters along with a couple rifle and blackpowder smiths).

Berryville really is a hotspot for gunsmithing... who woulda thought?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's too bad Tripp doesn't do it anymore. I've got a Springfield Custom shop gun done by him and it's awesome. I have seen some work done by APcorgan and it's probably just as good as Tripp. http://www.apwcogan.com/

If I were to do my carry gun over again, that's probably who I'd send it to.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
APW is really good, they have done three guns for me. I highly recommend them. The only issue is the freight to and from, it really adds up.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+100 on Metaloy... the primary reason they went to Berryville is because of the several custom manufactures (Nighthawk, Wilson and Guncrafters along with a couple rifle and blackpowder smiths).

Berryville really is a hotspot for gunsmithing... who woulda thought?

The reason they went to Berryville was because Bill Wilson bought the company about 1985. Wilson was a primary customer of Metaloy.

Metaloy had guns as a sideline for maybe 5 years previous, not as the primary business. Their primary was oil field equipment close tolerance plating. About that time, the oil business took a major dump and Metaloy came up for sale. I have a Gold Cup frame that Bill W. processed himself, while he was being trained by the individual who was selling him the business.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason they went to Berryville was because Bill Wilson bought the company about 1985. Wilson was a primary customer of Metaloy.

Makes sense, it would be kinda hard for a company to move to Berryville ~ 25 years ago when a few of said companies hadn't even been thought of yet. :D

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Really? I can see them being in the oil field, but Chris Peters owns Metaloy Ind...? And in their gallery, there isn't anything associated with Wilson at all, in fact, only competitors.

Okay... just got an email back from a buddy at WC...

Me: "did you guys fair out okay with these storms? It was weird, half of our neighborhood was torn up, but our house was completely untouched, not even a lifted shingle.

Another question, do you guys own Metaloy or did at one point?"

WC: "We are fine, lost power for a few minutes and had some phone trouble, but are ok.

I believe that Bill helped start it but don’t think he had any ownership?"

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makes sense, it would be kinda hard for a company to move to Berryville ~ 25 years ago when a few of said companies hadn't even been thought of yet. :D

Berryville has been a hotbed for gunsmithing for almost 80 years, long before Bill was even born. If you haven't been there before... you should.

Latest posts

Top Bottom