Appleseed OKCGC, March 6-7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anybody has extra gear they are comfortable with using as loaners that would be great if you could bring it. USGI slings seem to be the biggest need myself and several of the Appleseed instructors will have extras but the more we have the better.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are going to need loaner equipment shoot me a PM on what you need and I'll get a running list started. I have 4 maybe 5 USGI slings I can loan if someone can't find one.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll bring my slings -- I have several extras off my battle rifles. All my .22s are already spoken for though (having a shoot close to home meant I was able to drag my parents and my grandpa out to join the fun!).

As for a shooting mat, it doesn't get much better than a nice piece of carpet, IMO. But you can use about anything... The first appleseed I went to was held in a dump/rock quarry in New Hampsire... I pulled an old pallet out of the dump and that was my "shooting mat." Believe it or not, I actually shot my personal best AQT score at that shoot with a 245... I still haven't topped it!

Definitely bring both your .22 and your center fire. .22 to practice the fundamentals, and center fire to prove they really work at full distance on Sunday. You'll have a chance to get good zeros for both of them, like bratch said.

FYI, we're already up over 70 pre-registrants. Its gonna be freakin HUGE!

See you guys bright and early tomorrow morning!

Cacinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the CMP is the way to go if you want nice garands for cheap. If you actually go to one of the CMP stores, in Ohio or Alabama, you get to hand pick your rifle off the rack, with hundreds to choose from. They will loan you a bore gauge and a throat erosion gauge and let you go to town. Going to the store is the way to go. Its a bit of a drive, but its worth it -- its like a pilgrimage to the mecca of riflemen!

lol. i may have to make a pilgrimage in the near future - oddly, i don't think my wife would share the holiness of the trip or my enthusiasm for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom