April was best month in history for U.S. budget

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braggs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The feds have already increased interest rates several times since Trump was elected. This is, in part, what's been causing the DOW to fall occasionally... you know, every time the MSM blasts Trump for the DOW falling? Anyways, if you haven't already refinanced or borrowed whatever you can afford, it's probably too late as the housing rates have already increased from ~3.25% (lowest I saw) to about 4.25% now. Pretty much right in line with the prime interest rate. Auto rates are rising too. They were down to 1.9% and now it's about 2.5%

Here's a nice chart page showing the interest rates and how they've been increasing since 2016.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/15/business/federal-reserve-interest-rates.html

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even before Trump does anything, the Democrats, liberals and liberal media are talking trash about him. As little as I know Trump, I believe he is head-strong and stubborn and the more they talk trash the more stubborn he gets and does what HE wants.
If the democrats would only fake a little cooperation they might work things somewhat. I know when people tell me I can't do something or am unable to do something, I am determined to do it regardless of what others say. Maybe I'm in the wrong thread...

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
according to bloomberg
"Handgun sales fell 9.5 percent, but long-gun sales were fairly steady."
That’s interesting. I think psychology has a lot of control over firearm purchases. When you tell someone they can’t have something, what do they do? They want it more. That’s why there we’re record firearm sales under obama because he continuously preached removing gun rights from law abiding citizens. Now that specific threat is gone, there is no rush to purchase.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s interesting. I think psychology has a lot of control over firearm purchases. When you tell someone they can’t have something, what do they do? They want it more. That’s why there we’re record firearm sales under obama because he continuously preached removing gun rights from law abiding citizens. Now that specific threat is gone, there is no rush to purchase.
Indeed. That specific threat, and the scarier threat of Hillary becoming prez... :D

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And why bumpstocks were selling like hot cakes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The feds have already increased interest rates several times since Trump was elected. This is, in part, what's been causing the DOW to fall occasionally... you know, every time the MSM blasts Trump for the DOW falling? Anyways, if you haven't already refinanced or borrowed whatever you can afford, it's probably too late as the housing rates have already increased from ~3.25% (lowest I saw) to about 4.25% now. Pretty much right in line with the prime interest rate. Auto rates are rising too. They were down to 1.9% and now it's about 2.5%

Here's a nice chart page showing the interest rates and how they've been increasing since 2016.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/15/business/federal-reserve-interest-rates.html

Lol, I felt lucky when I bought my first house in the late 70’s and only had to pay 18% interest with perfect credit. Some were paying 23%.

Y’all complaining about 4%?

Latest posts

Top Bottom