AR 10 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only one I have shot is a RRA, functioned well, but to be honest, I put 20 rounds through it, no long term impressions.

I have heard good things about the DPMS. I think they have more on the street than either the RRA or Armalite, but could not prove that, just internet chatter.

Don't several of them use propietary mags?

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an Armalite AR-10 setup in SASS configuration... one accurate and reliable rifle with all I feed it. Add a nice 5 rd mag and it's a great deer rifle that gets lots of looks from the rangers...

J

No need for only a 5 round mag with anything over .22 caliber. Unless its just personal preference of coarse.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only one I have shot is a RRA, functioned well, but to be honest, I put 20 rounds through it, no long term impressions.

I have heard good things about the DPMS. I think they have more on the street than either the RRA or Armalite, but could not prove that, just internet chatter.

Don't several of them use propietary mags?

I too would pick a rra before dpms. And there probably are a lot of dpms out there, but that doesn't make them good or reliable. I mean there's a lot of XD's out there but they're not generally good or reliable.

Some use AR-10 style mags and some use pmag SR-25 style nags. Up to the user to decide which they like better.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say Armalite also.

They take their own type of mag which is based on the M-14 mag, and they can actually use an M-14 mag with a window cut in the side... they have also started making a version that takes KAC style mags. It is called the AR-10A. It is currently only available in two configurations though.

I would PM superdave65 for a quote on one here in the OKC area. He is an Armalite dealer and gave me a very good quote on one of these when I was in the market for one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom