Ar 15 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MEDIC5740

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first time to post but have been reading on OSA for awhile I have been wanting a ar 15 I have looked around but I think I want to build one haven't built one before so I thunk it would be a great way to get learn about the ar I have been looking at rock river arms the have a whole ar kit minus the lower for like 650 my question is can u really tell a diffrence I'm I diddnt use a rra lower compared to saw a dpms any feedback on this or any part of the building process would be great thanks

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
arlv.zcache.com_punctuation_is_sexy_tshirt_p235934704904309856uhf1_400.jpg

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forums.

To be honest, it's all about how serious you want to be. If you just want a gun to plink around with and just enjoy and shoot, then I can't imagine you could go wrong with a RRA kit. You could even get a DTI kit or something similar for a little less money. Personally, I've always considered dpms and RRA to be about equal, even though that may not be exactly true. Someone with more experience on them may chime in on that.

Lol, ez bake, that's a great shirt. I think my girl needs one of those :bigeye:

idleclamp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In order to build one properly, you need to have the proper tools. If you're just wanting one, it would be better for you to just buy one already built. In most cases you can buy one with pretty much everything you want. I have a RRA that I bought as I wanted it. But then I started wanting different rifles for different purposes so I started building them. My RRA is awesome and I won't do a thing to it.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really shouldn't matter which brand lower you use, if it is machined within proper specifications, all of the parts will fit correctly and you will be good to go. Like another guy said, del ton has a kit for about $475 that includes everything except the lower receiver. Look around for awhile on AR 15.com

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
shop shop shop and when you find what you want drop the cash on it. and remember the gun is only as good as the guy or gal shooting it. took me a while to find a ar in my price range and with the things i wanted.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I like to do is research on:

AR15.com

M4carbine.net

--- then ask my dumb question on this board. Folks here tend to be more helpful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom