Ar-15 Gas Block Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright my friends with the knowledge. I have a Rock River Arms M4 and am wanting to change out the gas block and put a quad rail gas block on it. I am wanting to put flip up front and rear sights on it so I don't have to shoot thru the front sight. But still want to shoot the monthly defense practical rifle shot with iron sights. As always thanks before hand for any information. You guys are great.

thanks
spamby:clap3:

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright my friends with the knowledge. I have a Rock River Arms M4 and am wanting to change out the gas block and put a quad rail gas block on it. I am wanting to put flip up front and rear sights on it so I don't have to shoot thru the front sight. But still want to shoot the monthly defense practical rifle shot with iron sights. As always thanks before hand for any information. You guys are great.

thanks
spamby:clap3:

Sounds good... thanks for letting us know :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what's the question? Can you do it? Sure! Are you wanting to remove the optic for matches to shoot just irons? Then get a Larue QD mount for your optic. Troy flip up BUIS are generally considered the best of the breed. Personally, I went from a Troy BUIS to a fixed Daniel Defense A1.5 and fixed FSB. I just found that the front post isn't a hindrance and when shooting heads up. I can't even see the rear sight in the tube shooting this way.

For me the flip type BUIS is best reserved for a rig with magnified optics in throw lever mounts. If the primary goes down or you want to shoot irons, pop the optic off and flip up the sights.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why on earth would you want a railed gas block?

If you're wanting to keep the factory plastic hand guards, get a gas block with an integral flip up front sight like a PRI.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why on earth would you want a railed gas block?

If you're wanting to keep the factory plastic hand guards, get a gas block with an integral flip up front sight like a PRI.

I'm interested in the Vltor VST-1P myself. Looks like the best of both worlds.

[Broken External Image]

If it had adjustable gas for suppressed/unsuppressed use, it would be tits! :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually I was thinking to use the rail to slide a light past the block and onto the forend rail. Many of the flip gas blocks don't allow that option.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I should be more specific. I want to remove the factory gas block and put a quad rail gas block on it. What would be a good suggestion on the quad rail gas block and what flip ups should I use? I have a magpul front hand guard on it. I'll post pics of my setup that I have now so that you can have a better idea of what I'm going for.

thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom