Ar-15 Gas Block Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I should be more specific. I want to remove the factory gas block and put a quad rail gas block on it.

Why? I have a RRA AR with the railed front gas block. It has been a PITA to get a gas block height front sight. At 1st I put a hand guard height front sight on my quad rail handguard... I didn't like it at all, slower sight picture acquisition. Why sacrifice an inch of distance between your front and rear sight?...That will just make you less accurate.

I picked up a "flip" front sight to go on the gas block yesterday, and sighted her in and ran 200 rounds through her today... I don't see any real advantage to having the railed gas block with a flip front sight. It is much heavier than a standard front sight/gas block. :twocents:

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why? I have a RRA AR with the railed front gas block. It has been a PITA to get a gas block height front sight. At 1st I put a hand guard height front sight on my quad rail handguard... I didn't like it at all, slower sight picture acquisition. Why sacrifice an inch of distance between your front and rear sight?...That will just make you less accurate.

I picked up a "flip" front sight to go on the gas block yesterday, and sighted her in and ran 200 rounds through her today... I don't see any real advantage to having the railed gas block with a flip front sight. It is much heavier than a standard front sight/gas block. :twocents:

What does that mean?

Latest posts

Top Bottom