ar 15 stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRandP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tapco puts all their instructons online. Its nice to look at when thinking to buy. I have nothing to say as far as the stock function, but I have used their SKS items and them seems to function fine.

BTW AR-15 instructions are here.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure you know this (and it was implicit in g-19's answer), but you will need a different buffer and spring as well. Since ALL collapsible stocks wiggle, do you really want to introduce that variable into your target rig? That said, I like Magpuls; I am happy with my CTR. But their PRS would be cool with that target barrel.

Does your CTR wiggle? They claim that it has some extra features to prevent it, but it would be nice to know personally if it works. That way, I don't drop the extra cash on a CTR rather than just an MOE or something.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you have armor you take on and off a lot and need to change stock length all the time, or have people of short stature that also need to use the carbine, you are far better served by the stock that is on it. Take that $100 and buy some ammo to practice with or some good magazines. I know this isn't the "cool" answer, but in the long run 90% of all shooters are better served by a solid stock.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the CTR. When locked (via the friction lock), it is definitely rock solid as has been said. I had an MOE which is very similar but without the friction lock and rear QD and it wiggled a little bit, but not nearly as much as most of the factory M4 collapsible stocks I've messed with (M&P, Sabre Defense, Bushmaster, Stag, etc...).

If this is a target rig and you find the A2 stock uncomfortable for some reason, I'd try and figure out what it is that makes it uncomfortable and fix it (they make adjustable combs for cheek wield as well as length of pull spacers and/or maybe a stock pack would fix you up at the right height).

Also, check out Ace lightweight fixed stocks - they're another option. Personally, I'd get a PRS if it were my target rig.

I just ordered a VLTOR EMOD for my next build, so I can tell you if they have as much play in them as the others, but I can't really speak to much else.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom