ar 15 stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a bushmaster xm 15 es2 with 20 target barrel. It has cammo furniture on it with a2 stock. I want to put a collapsible stock on it. My ? is how hard are they to swap out. and is tapco any good, if not what is in the 100 price range. Thanks in advance

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tapcp stacks are OK they are not the best but they work. Look into the Mag-Pul stocks they are a little more pricy but they are the best on the market. AND they just do not ever break........EVER. You can probably sell the A2 stock and make a few bucks. The stocks are not hard to change out at all. If you can change the oil on your car you will be fine. TAPCO stocks come with fairly easy to understand instructions on how it is done. Welcome to the world of the AR.........brother.

CHEERS,
notasniper

Bobrob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the "been there done that" voice of experience, Grab the takedown pin detent spring when you remove the A2 Stock or you'll waste time finding it, if you can find it....it's retained by the stock and if you rotate the stock when removing it ....zing!

regards

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tapco is airsoft quality. You can get a Magpul moe stock and mil-spec stock kit for around the $100 mark.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting a Magpul CTR myself but really its just your preference there's a bunch of stocks out there vltor, caa, magpul, tapco, just to name a few i really like the vltors as well and even more so the lmt sopmods but i cant bring myself to spend close to $200 on a stock especially when theres nothing wrong with mine at the moment. Either way for your price range get the magpul or even look at the caa cbs.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
first i have to comment on the 20" barrel and you wanting a colapsible stock on it. really? won't that look a little weird? :nolike: to each is own i guess.

anywho, i've got the caa on mine and it's been great. it's not too loose like some of them out there, it has extra storage for 4 of the 123 batteries, and for the stock, buffer tube, and buffer it was only $80.

Benelli

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure you know this (and it was implicit in g-19's answer), but you will need a different buffer and spring as well. Since ALL collapsible stocks wiggle, do you really want to introduce that variable into your target rig? That said, I like Magpuls; I am happy with my CTR. But their PRS would be cool with that target barrel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom