AR for hog hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kill a lot of pigs with the BO. I mean a lot. If you want to recover the pig go with the BO or 6.8. And use supers if using the BO. I killed quite a few with the 223 but lost quite a few also. It sits in the safe and only does coyote duty now, and rarely do I even use it for that. They do not carry ceramic plates but the shield on a big old boar is insane. Unless you have never felt it or tried to stick a knife through it there is no explaining to you how tough it is. In the neck is the best spot for the adults.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR does not stand for Assault Rifle, it stands for Automatic Rifle, CNN the communist news network told me.
I can honestly say that the last time I listened to or watched CNN was in Feb 2001. In a bar at Logan International thanking good Lord I was going home. I knew CNN was a bunch of azzweepies back then.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
www.223handguard.com

Very very inexpensive, much more along the lines they should be (IMNSHO), and pretty dang good quality. I've used a number of them and I'm very happy with them overall.
Nice link, Good prices!
Some of the handguards on other sites are coming close to the price of an entire lower in this market.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely. You can get a complete lower for under $200 pretty frequently now, and most higher-end name brand handguards start around there. I've spent alot more than that on some. Now that I think about it, I've some several FDE versions from that place sitting around... I need to build some more rifles! lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom