AR Optic Choices ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer my EOTech on my AR when I'm using a suppressor. It's much easier to shoot with both eyes open while using a suppressor. The blowback gasses really affect me when I try to shoot with just one eye open.

You can shoot with two eye's open using an aimpoint, vertex, or PA as well. You're actually supposed to.

Roarak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been using a Burris Fastfire 2 in their new AR-F3 mount and am VERY happy with it. It raises the Fastfire up a bit over the normal mounting options and is supposed to give you absolute co-witness if you have irons. Most ppl use the Fastfire on pistols, shotguns or an offset AR mount, i havent seen too many ppl using it as a primary optic but i can say that i am very very pleased with the setup as a primary optic for shorter ranges. I plan on running it at the next Oil Capitol Practical Rifle match to see how it does. I think its perfect for shorter ranges. I have the Fastfire with the 4MOA dot, so when you starting getting past 100yds it will not be effective.

It is very lightweight, with great glass and a very bright dot. Plus the Fastfire and mount is considerably cheaper than a comperable aimpoint or eotech, but a bit more than the primary arms option.

Anyway, its just a bit of a different direction than i have seen and i am very happy with it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For an RDS, it's tough to beat an Aimpoint. My preference is the Micro. I have a T-1 and an H-1. I also have two Primary Arms micros on AR uppers (one a .22LR and one in a 1 O'Clock mount for close work with a precision rifle). The PA Micros aren't as incredibly rugged as the Aimpoints, but they're very good and economical to boot. A lot of AR shooters have started with a PA as proof of concept, then put the PA on a .22LR upper or backup rifle when they found the $$$ for an Aimpoint.

Cowboy2000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought and installed a leatherwood red dot on my ak. It works real good, day or night. 75 bucks from optics world. It came with the pictanny rail and fit right on the ak. The optic improved my shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom