AR optics, have you tried A holographic red dot sight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fister

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't Bushnell make Eotech? Just a more rugged version?

No but Eotech makes a lower end holo site for bushnell. It is basically a cheap eotech thats not very rugged.

Aimpoint or ACOG IMHO. Eventually youll get there anyway. So buy once and cry once.

Watch Midway USA for good aimpoint deals IMHO.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for the eotech!! I have a 512 on my 16" AR and like it alot. With the amount of brightness settings its real easy to get it right where you want it. Also really easy to sight and zero in. I've got mine zero'd at 50yd's but have shot out to 100 with no issues. on thing i dont like is its not magnified and to get the magnifier is more than the eotech i bought lol. Either way great optic for the money and you dont have to worry about buying a mount afterwards. i got mine from opticsemporium.com for $380 shipped. the 511 was cheaper but the new 517 is just over 400 but the only difference is the buttons are moved to the left side rather than the back for use with magnifiers and what not. Also hope to buy an acog next but for the money and reliability go with an eotech.

Chas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Burris Fast Fire, add the mount with protective wings and you got reliable and rugged sight for alot less than Eotech or Aimpoint.

If you want top shelf that you will never have to upgrade due to needing more versitility or changeing needs, save your money up and go with an Aimpoint.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well i guess since eotech's have such a bad rep maybe try the new line of BSA tactical optics. they have a red dot with a laser and light with really neat telephone cords to drape all over your rifle....:explode:

Either way Aimpints are great and eotechs are nice. If i were to buy an Aimpoint itd be a compM4 but since i dont have $700 to put towards that and regret not buying an acog afterwards the eotech fit the bill nicely. As far as night shooting i dont have a problem with it but to each his own i guess.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for the exact same thing for my AR. I owned an Eotech 512 a few years ago and had it mounted on a Bushy M4gery. Never a problem... except I paid 299 for it new! Long , boring story short, I am super impressed with the Bushnell Trophy 1x32 (2nd GEN). Clear optics, crisp "T" dot reticle and built like a brick. Yeah, yeah, I know it looks like an ACOG, but at least you dont have to mount it backward like some of the Eotech clones. Anyway, you can find them all day long for 199.00 and under.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
got Eotech and the bushnell version.

have logged in thousands of shots with the Bushnell on an IZH 46M 10 meter air pistol. it's been 100% reliable.

have only shot AR w/Eotech mounted, a few hundred rounds. so far no problems, but still a bit early for reliability feedback

Latest posts

Top Bottom