AR Scope choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I exercised my wife's womanly prerogative of changing my mind. I went with the Burris TAC30 and PEPR mount. More than I had planned to pay ($360), but, heck, you only live once.

Last edited:

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Burris Tac30 on my Savage 10FP and it is a really nice scope, I also have the Nikon M-223 on one of my AR's and it has been great as well. If I can get my hands on a AR10 I will either go with Burris, Nikon in the .308 model or a Vortex scope next.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the Tac30 and I believe I will like it. I'm not crazy about the reticle, but it ain't bad. In the end, it was a tossup between the Burris and the Leatherman.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but here it is. Overall, I'm pleased. If I decide to keep the AR, I'll post my experience with the scope. I have a new Yankee Hill handguard on order.

Right now, I'm reassessing why I even bought the AR. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I wonder if I'll ever get my money's worth out of it. Don't bother trying to figure it out; I can't either.

View attachment 25289

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Strange, I thought I had already posted this, but I guess not. I'll try again. This is just a follow-up now that I've finally got all the pieces together, except for a couple of mags on backorder.

I really like the Yankee Hill handguard. It is essentially an aluminum 2-piece tube with attachment points for rails at 8 geometric points around it's perimeter. Comes with a full rail and a short rail and you can order more if you're into hanging lots of stuff on your AR.

View attachment 25444

Latest posts

Top Bottom