AR Styles/Calibers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt it is, I am a 7.62x39 AR fan and use it for both those purposes as well. Maybe that is part of why the 300BLK never really got me.
The only thing I am not a fan of in regards to the AR39 is the weaker bolt face. Its one of the reasons I got the mutant. Its a shortened AR 10 receiver and carrier with a full sized 308 bolt. No worries about the lugs failing from hard/fun use.

Otherwise the feeding issues seem to have been worked out with newer magazines. I like that the mutant takes AK magazines too.

Also, 762x39 is still far cheaper than 300 bo

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing I am not a fan of in regards to the AR39 is the weaker bolt face. Its one of the reasons I got the mutant. Its a shortened AR 10 receiver and carrier with a full sized 308 bolt. No worries about the lugs failing from hard/fun use.

Otherwise the feeding issues seem to have been worked out with newer magazines. I like that the mutant takes AK magazines too.

Also, 762x39 is still far cheaper than 300 bo

AR Performance makes a much stronger bolt for X39, he redesigned the lug areas, he also makes a superior grendel bolt

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AR Performance makes a much stronger bolt for X39, he redesigned the lug areas, he also makes a superior grendel bolt
Yeah but IIRC, the 762x39 bolts do not work with standard milspec barrel extensions, like the their Grendal bolts do. Its still pushing the envelope as far as steel and pressure are concerned. I havnt seen any videos of them doing torture tests of their bolts so. Id need to see a few before Id buy one myself.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah but IIRC, the 762x39 bolts do not work with standard milspec barrel extensions, like the their Grendal bolts do. Its still pushing the envelope as far as steel and pressure are concerned. I havnt seen any videos of them doing torture tests of their bolts so. Id need to see a few before Id buy one myself.

all you have to do is call the man, harrison is a good guy, old time wild catter

Latest posts

Top Bottom