AR Styles/Calibers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
or this one.
[Broken External Image]

or this one for you wood lovers.
[Broken External Image]

just keeps going.
FRS-15-California-AR15-Rifle-Stock.jpg

22016-10-25-16.45.20-660x319.jpg

www.yankeegunnuts.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_09_ScreenHunter_107_Sep._23_20.52.jpg

that last one is here
http://www.yankeegunnuts.com/2014/09/25/connecticut-legal-ar-15/

the lower is different to be legal in areas where AR15 is not
Sweet! :D

The first two links are broken, but I'd really like to see the wooden stock. :/

Otherwise, the Hera seems the best option that doesn't require mods.
:drunk2:

EDIT: Aha! Found some wood furniture...

http://www.blackgunswood.com/products.html

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I thought it was quite nice looking.
I like the dropped stock in other pictures..this to me allows you to get the rifle and scope to the eye position like a regular rifle.

The AR is a straight back stock and you do hot shoulder it the same as your bolt rifle and that is a bit hard to get used to.
The taller scope height above barrel is harder to hold on long distance targets also.

At least for me it is.
Not used to the AR fit just yet

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
.300BLK in a subsonic round from a suppressed rifle as designed was an interesting idea, but after trying to like it, I just couldn't. Now my brother shoots a suppressed bolt action in .300BLK on Javelinas and loves it for that purpose. As an AR platform, unless you are an Operator conducting CQB suppressed then I just assume choose something more performance oriented. YMMV.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Soooooo...

What do you guys think of the .300 blk round?

According to this page, all ya need to change is the barrel. Everything else (BCG, lower, mags, etc.) works as is. Well, except ammo... :D
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-alternative-ar-15-cartridges-and-calibers/
I couldn't get interested in 300BO. Might revisit that idea should I get a suppressor.

What I did get was a CMMG Mutant in 762x39. Let my cousin borrow it in AR for hunting pig and then went and bought one himself.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.300BLK in a subsonic round from a suppressed rifle as designed was an interesting idea, but after trying to like it, I just couldn't. Now my brother shoots a suppressed bolt action in .300BLK on Javelinas and loves it for that purpose. As an AR platform, unless you are an Operator conducting CQB suppressed then I just assume choose something more performance oriented. YMMV.

Or using an AR for home defense? or hog hunting? Seems to be a NASTY round 200yds and in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom