AR15 and Wolf Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've shot lots of wolf through my bushmaster and only 1 shell ever got stuck in the barrel and that was the first time I ever shot my gun after buying it brand new, I was able to get it out easily with a cleaning rod and never had a problem since then.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've fired 100 rds or so in a days shooting session of wolf brand out of a Colt HBAR, Bushmaster XM-15E2S and Rock River Arms LAR-15 rifle and their RRA CAR UTE 2 carbine with no failures. Powder charge seemed lighter than all other brands including my reloads that I've used, dirtier too. Bolt carrier residue was noticably worse. Always clean and lube after a days shooting, almost never have a problem. Failures, hiccups and stoppages that I've experienced while competeing in High Power Rifle matches for 14 years were directly caused by old, worn out brass, head separations, leaving case bodies stuck in the chamber. Tried to get one too many reloads out of that case. Take time to do the necessary maintenance on your rifle.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of the problems I've seen are with non-chrome barrels which get a little
rust/corrosion in the chamber from sitting a long time between range sessions. the brass shells don't stick usually but the lacquered ones will.

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my issue was not a dirty gun. Mine was new. Chrome lined barrel. Wiped down prior to shooting. Shot only once with approx 30 rounds down pipe. Put mag in with wolf and second round was stuck. Not saying other people have had good luck with theirs, just saying I didn't.
Thanks
daddy-o

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bink98xcab touched on the possibility of shooting 5.56 ammo in a .223 as being the problem. Until recently I never knew there was a differance until a buddy I was shooting with had a simular problem. There are slight differances between .223 & 5.56 specs. Rule of thumb is a rifle in 5.56 is good for 5.56 or .223 ammo. A rifle in .223 should stay with .223 ammo only. It's true you may never have a problem running 5.56 thru a .223 but some do. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom