This is what's wrong with "our side"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had quite a few wolf dogs. Once the content goes above 30% or so, they're still dogs but not really. It changes something in them. Incredibly intelligent, strong willed, and sneaky. Once you bond theyre as sweet as can be though males can be 'testy' at times. Having at least a 7' fence with turn ins and dig guards si mandatory. One of m females could flat foot jump a 6' fence easily. this is her when young. She was as gentle as you can imagine with people but sadly I had to find her another home when she killed a bunch of th neighbors chickens and their dog. God help any squirrel or other critter that ventured into our yard.
The wife and I once fostered an arctic wolf/malamute mix for two weeks. When I say “mix”, 7/8ths wolf is what we were told. The only comparison I can make is with my aunt’s purebred German shepherds. This animal was in a completely different class physically. You could also tell the difference in his intelligence and instincts. Just blew me away.

Of course being so much wolf, he scared the crap out of the neighborhood when their dogs started barking one night and he did what wolves do. LOL

We loved the experience but were very glad when that two weeks was over!

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I once fostered an arctic wolf/malamute mix for two weeks. When I say “mix”, 7/8ths wolf is what we were told. The only comparison I can make is with my aunt’s purebred German shepherds. This animal was in a completely different class physically. You could also tell the difference in his intelligence and instincts. Just blew me away.

Of course being so much wolf, he scared the crap out of the neighborhood when their dogs started barking one night and he did what wolves do. LOL

We loved the experience but were very glad when that two weeks was over!
Yeah, I've know a few people over the years that had part wolf/dogs. One was a Husky/Wolf mix. Stunningly beautiful animal. Probably too smart for its own good. Knew a chick that had a GSD/Wolf. Another very striking animal. Very large. Like very very large. Again, probably too smart to be in captivity. Both were overly protective of their master.

Being around them, you realize that dogs more or less stop cognitive development pretty young. We've done something to them in the breeding process that kind of keeps them mentally more like wolf pups more than the adult wolf. The wolf seems to just keep getting smarter, IMO. Too smart to be captive or be trusted, IMO. Different level of animal.

Im just not sure I'd trust having one.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy is a total piece of sh*t. I'm with That Gurl; I'm no fan of two-legged mammals, and the older I get, the less I care for them.

However - I do remember taking a load of grief from all of the toothless mouthbreathers a few years back when I condemned the a**holes who blew up a bunch of wild pigs with tannerite and videoed it. Most thought that was pretty cool. I was taught as a kid that if you kill an animal, you do it quickly and humanely. Wounding a bunch of animals because you consider them a "pest" is still just as a**hole-ish as this guy with the wolf.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guy is a total piece of sh*t. I'm with That Gurl; I'm no fan of two-legged mammals, and the older I get, the less I care for them.

However - I do remember taking a load of grief from all of the toothless mouthbreathers a few years back when I condemned the a**holes who blew up a bunch of wild pigs with tannerite and videoed it. Most thought that was pretty cool. I was taught as a kid that if you kill an animal, you do it quickly and humanely. Wounding a bunch of animals because you consider them a "pest" is still just as a**hole-ish as this guy with the wolf.

No it’s not. The “pests” as you call them take away from Family Farms. They are simply just vermin that should be eradicated by any means possible.

The Wolf gent did wrong, bad wrong. He ran him over with a sled, then he should have put it out of misery.

Last edited:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No it’s not. The “pests” as you call them take away from Family Farms. They are simply just vermin that should be eradicated by any means possible.

The Wolf gent did wrong.
So you're making the argument that severely wounding and maiming animals is acceptable, if they are causing a problem for farmers? I'm sure the ranchers in the area could make the same argument about wolves, too.

Maiming animals is wrong, I don't give a damn what your reasoning is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom