Ar15 conversion to 9mm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have a 12.5" AR pistol chambered in 277 Wolverine that I never shoot, and decided to part it out. Had some Wolvy guys interested in barrel, but not full upper, so I stripped barrel out. Now I'm wondering how hard it'd be to convert to 9mm? I saw a place with 9mm uppers on sale, w/bcg and ch today, but not sure what else needs conversion besides magwell?? Any input would be great, even if its saying "don't do it" 🤣

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
9mm uses a heavier buffer and some folks use a .308 spring. It doesn’t use a different charging handle so you can use whatever one you like. Magwell adapter for whatever mag type you want. Colt style or Glock are the two I know of and Glock is more popular these days.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes that works, cmmg makes a magazine conversion. You take the guts out of a pmag and install
the kit. It will work with a standard buffer and spring as well. You can get a complete upper
or install a barrel on yours. Just make sure the barrel you install has a gas port, some 9mm barrels
do not have gas ports, and run off from blow back which requires a different buffer and spring

Latest posts

Top Bottom