AR15 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Sig 556 Pistol is closer. Do the paperwork ,unscrew the plug on the back and add a stock or mount the pistol upper on a Sig rifle lower. I'm waiting on my stamp on one now.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to say any piston kit in an AR eliminates the need for a buffer tube/spring/buffer doesn't it?

I'm not the biggest fan of piston kits in an AR, but if I were to own an AR pistol, I'd probably want it without the ugly tube sticking out the back (since an AR pistol would probably only be a range toy for me anyways).

WideLoadTimmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the Sig 556 Pistol is closer. Do the paperwork ,unscrew the plug on the back and add a stock or mount the pistol upper on a Sig rifle lower. I'm waiting on my stamp on one now.

Way out of my price range. Haven't found a new one for less than $1400, yet.

Rock River has a new AR pistol out The RRA PDS Piston Driven System I seen one at the Tulsa gun show on Staurday. And there is a Carbine as well side folding stock

Got a link?

As far as ideas go, I'd like to know how far the bolt comes out the back. I thought of a parallel spring or larger diameter spring that would either be under/over the bolt as it moved in and out or be large enough in diameter that the bolt could cycle inside the spring (inside a sleeve within a sleeve so as to keep dirt out) to shorten the overall length of the buffer tube.
Just running some ideas by.

Latest posts

Top Bottom