Arcadia draw hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never hunted there, but the one-time state record archery buck was shot there.

I wish they would not allow the hunt at all. The home owners petitioned the ODW years ago to stop it so the pretty little deer could be seen from their yards. I was at one of the regional meetings when we voted on allowing it or not.

99% said hell no. Let the deer eat them out of house and home. They chose to live there, and they should live with their decisions.

Didn't happen. $$$ talks.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know of a couple of deer that are no longer with us after being taken by a bow in that 'hood... from a hot tub! Great point, Dennis!

ultimatesooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know of a couple of deer that are no longer with us after being taken by a bow in that 'hood... from a hot tub! Great point, Dennis!

lol

Never hunted there, but the one-time state record archery buck was shot there.

I wish they would not allow the hunt at all. The home owners petitioned the ODW years ago to stop it so the pretty little deer could be seen from their yards. I was at one of the regional meetings when we voted on allowing it or not.

99% said hell no. Let the deer eat them out of house and home. They chose to live there, and they should live with their decisions.

Didn't happen. $$$ talks.

I have a bunch of coworkers in CT w/ the same attitude, Dumb@$$e$ think because they move to the country everything else should leave

I just wanna try because its a quick drive from the house and having twin 2 year olds and a wife working on her masters is going to keep me from getting away very far this year

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can walk to many of these areas from my house, over the years I have walked through some of them in the off season and I have always seen deer and deer sign. For some reason I have never put in for the hunt though. Think I am going to this year. I have noticed a few trends in the past, areas 22, 23, 24 & 25 always seem to fill up, I also always notice trucks parked at areas 15 and 21 during the season, I would stay out of area 14 as they just did a bunch of pipeline work in there. Areas 16, 17 & 18 look pretty good and I never really see vehicles parked in those areas. The areas around the lake all seem pretty small (1-7), but they should hold deer, I think alot of people put in for areas 9, 10 & 11 so they may be good choices as well. Good luck and let us know how you do in the drawing

ultimatesooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can walk to many of these areas from my house, over the years I have walked through some of them in the off season and I have always seen deer and deer sign. For some reason I have never put in for the hunt though. Think I am going to this year. I have noticed a few trends in the past, areas 22, 23, 24 & 25 always seem to fill up, I also always notice trucks parked at areas 15 and 21 during the season, I would stay out of area 14 as they just did a bunch of pipeline work in there. Areas 16, 17 & 18 look pretty good and I never really see vehicles parked in those areas. The areas around the lake all seem pretty small (1-7), but they should hold deer, I think alot of people put in for areas 9, 10 & 11 so they may be good choices as well. Good luck and let us know how you do in the drawing

awesome info, thank you very much

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
N

The Arcadia hunts are not managed by the ODW so I don't see how they could have a say in allowing or not allowing the hunts.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The deer are there for sure. I saw one the would merit a Bowhunting magazine cover last fall. Very late afternoon in a low area, with the sun coming in at the perfect angle to light up his rack like a Christmas tree. That's what caught my eye as I was driving down the road, his antlers were just "lit up" and he was in the wide open bottom, just leisurely grazing towards the woodline in front of him. He was wide and tall let me tell ya!

Latest posts

Top Bottom