Archery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably time to have a section dedicated to archery!

In the meantime I bought a recurve bow here on the forum and it came with some Hunter 5575/400 arrows.

I understand the “400” refers to the stiffness of the spine.

My question is this: Are arrow tips all the same spline, thread and size? Can I buy arrow tips and have confidence they’ll screw into the ends of the arrows I have?

Brand new to this. Learning on the fly. Thanks in advance for a little patience!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@V98, this might get more traction in the hunting and fishing section. Lots of info on traditional archery from guys that hunt that method. I can move it if you want.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm familiar with hand held bows and what's stated above is correct. Some arrows have different shafts diameters thus your field tips may not be smooth where screwed into arrow.

Are the arrows fletched correctly for the rest? What part of OK you in? Might could meet up for some pointers and fling a few arrows.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm familiar with hand held bows and what's stated above is correct. Some arrows have different shafts diameters thus your field tips may not be smooth where screwed into arrow.

Are the arrows fletched correctly for the rest? What part of OK you in? Might could meet up for some pointers and fling a few arrows.
I bought the complete set up. It is a 58” PSE Talon take down. 40lb pull weight. I mainly bought it to enjoy with my grandson.

He wants to be a bow hunter like his Dad. I’m just looking to find common ground with him.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now my knowledge of archery ends if not talking compound bows so if this is an ignorant question I apologize, but with recurve do you use a mechanical release or just those finger rollers?

Latest posts

Top Bottom