Army bans use of all magazines except the the issued USGI aluminum mags.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a good perspective from a switched on guy in another forum:

"It probably is CYA, so what? Right now, everyone wants to sue everyone, for anything. A poll conducted a few yars ago, showed college age people think sueing someone is the best way to make money in America.

So, big Army says fine, PMAGS are acceptable. Now CAA and Tapco sue, because they weren't included. So now Big Army has conduct a years long test, to find every acceptable magazine, or be sued.

Big boys rules you say? Sure, until your Cheaper then Dirt purchased mag, sh$ts the bed, so you cant cover your AO, and your buddies die because of it. or you die, and mommy and daddy want to know why you were allowed to use substandard equipment,and write their congressman.

Why cant a Squad Leader make the call? or anyone in the CoC? Who has the knowledge base to determine what is an acceptable piece of equipment? We all know far to many co-workers that dont know what the f they are talking about. What SL is going to be willing to accept the liability of authorizing a piece of equipment"

My additional .02: The Army has to set standards for obvious reasons. Until they have the time and money to do testing on Pmags and every other alternative magazine, USGI Aluminum has to be the standard because it's been tested and vetted for decades. We have bigger priorities than finding a magazine that may or may not be marginally better than the existing one. Mags are meant to be expendable sources of ammunition for the rifle...they don't need to last as long as the rifle.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The DOD probably did some real testing on the pmags, more than just doing a couple of mag dumps on youtube with it, or loading up 40 of them up in the safe to take a pic for facebook.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The DOD probably did some real testing on the pmags, more than just doing a couple of mag dumps on youtube with it, or loading up 40 of them up in the safe to take a pic for facebook.

Yo check it, brah. My shipment of PMags arrived from Cheaper Than Dirt.

floppingaces.net_wp_content_uploads_Preparedness1.jpg

M

Mach1soldier

I can guarantee this won't be actively enforced. I can also guarantee that when a magazine stops working, it gets crushed in my unit. We stomp them if they have issues in two weapons or consistently stop working. If it is a personal magazine, it will get stomped too or marked in such a way to make sure it is never used again. This is how my unit operates...Others who knows.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can guarantee this won't be actively enforced. I can also guarantee that when a magazine stops working, it gets crushed in my unit. We stomp them if they have issues in two weapons or consistently stop working. If it is a personal magazine, it will get stomped too or marked in such a way to make sure it is never used again. This is how my unit operates...Others who knows.

You know the drill, all it takes is one ate up Command Sgt Major and this can be enforced with a fanatacism that only big Green can generate....

Latest posts

Top Bottom