Army's New Sig Pistols(M17, M18) Often Eject Live Rounds and Don't Work Well With FMJ Bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The report was before the upgrades were done, all the guns the army has received have the problems corrected.

All the people who say they should have gone with Glock act like Glock hasn't had problems,but there are reasons that Oklahoma City pd and other police departments are dropping Glock. They have been experiencing problems that Glock can't seem to fix

Like what problems? The only problems I have with my Glocks are Ammo related, in that I usually run out of Ammo too soon. I haven’t heard of any significant problems but would be interested in reading about this, if it’s true and not just hater-talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...and please,let me add..

And I promise you, if MARSOC can’t break it, it can’t be broken. Again, I am not aware of any issues but sure am all ears unless you are just speaking BS to pull my (and others) chain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Army SOF/Rangers (75th) Glock 17,19 or 34. With the 19 being the largest percentage of use. Sig 226 for the Squid SOF and Delta with HK .45s. MARSOC with the G19 as well as a few 1911s left that are being replaced with G19s.

Carried a G17 (2003-2004) Sig 226 (2005-2006) in Iraq and a Sig 226 in Afghanistan (2008-2009) G19 (2010-1011). Initially deployed with the M9 to all locations, but was issued the others once in theater. The interesting point is that I truly enjoyed shooting my M9, but all the other guns issues were kinda like the AK47, they worked ALL the time, clean, dirty, wet, dry didn't matter. My M9 was a neat freak, it liked to be clean and lubed with graphite powder. Either way, the DoD needs to get it right, no room to play with the lives of our folks..

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...and please,let me add..

And I promise you, if MARSOC can’t break it, it can’t be broken. Again, I am not aware of any issues but sure am all ears unless you are just speaking BS to pull my (and others) chain.

I like Glocks,but perfection they are not. The problems are to numerous for me to list, foremost the won't run with lights on them ,seems once the get in the +3000 rnd range they were have multiple parts failures mostly springs . One female officer found herself in a gun fight with a single shot when she had to rack the slide after every shot fired because the gun wouldn't cycle.
In ocp case first it appeared to be a problem with the 40 cal guns so they switched to 9 mm then they started having problems with those

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Glocks,but perfection they are not. The problems are to numerous for me to list, foremost the won't run with lights on them ,seems once the get in the +3000 rnd range they were have multiple parts failures mostly springs . One female officer found herself in a gun fight with a single shot when she had to rack the slide after every shot fired because the gun wouldn't cycle.
In ocp case first it appeared to be a problem with the 40 cal guns so they switched to 9 mm then they started having problems with those

My 3rdGen G22 wouldn't run with a WML either. Never had an issue with 9mm glocks though.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock also told ocp that they needed to change recoil springs etc every 1500 rnds ,that's 1000 pistols x $15 every 1500 rnds also they said they needed to do armorer recertification once a year x 1000 pistols.
Ocp issued the sig p320 to the last academy that's 30 recruits plus instructors x 1500 rounds 0 malfunctions. Plus the Sig's came in cheaper with local support,no calling someone in from Georgia to try and solve problems

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 3rdGen G22 wouldn't run with a WML either. Never had an issue with 9mm glocks though.

Yawn. Old news about Gen 3 G22’s and problems with WML. I never have had a problem with 9mmGlocks either. I’ll be doing a 3 year report on my G43 in a couple of months. (That is, if the thing is still functioning). It’s only got maybe 4,500-5,000 rounds through it though. Maybe I’ll be able to make it fail someday, but in all seriousness, I’m not gonna put any money on it going belly up any time soon. I’m as confident with a Glock as a serious defensive handgun as any other pistol I’ve ever had. The only thing I’d put against it over time would be a CZ in the 75 Family. As stated earlier, I’m a big fan of the 1911, but... it’s just not my preferred weapon for CCW. My experience with the Beretta was much the same as David’s. Of course, like investments, the prudent man does not put all his eggs in one basket.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom