As if I didn't love Smith & Wesson enough already...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As many of you may or may not know, I recently entered the 1911 realm with a Smith & Wesson 1911Sc pistol. I love this little bottom feeder! It's without a doubt, the most accurate pistol I have ever owned. I'm talking less than inch and a half groups here people! The very first time I fired it, I got one ragged hole with no fliers!

Anyway...

The feller I got it from had a big ol' honkin' extended slide stop installed. I suppose they serve a purpose, but I don't like 'em. :disappoin I've been to two or three different gunsmiths as well as ordered three from different manufacturers (Wilson, Ed Brown and EGW) none of them "dropped" in.

Then just today, I'm looking at Smith & Wesson's website and lo & behold - they sell parts! :w000t: So, I call 'em up and spoke to a gentleman. Told him I was a police officer and needed a slide stop for my S&W 1911. He asked for my name and address and then said we'll get that in the mail to ya. I said, "wait a minute! Lemme give ya my Visa number."

He replied, "nah! That part isn't but 5 bills and some change...fuhgetaboutit! It's on it's way."

This is why I continue to support Smith & Wesson every chance I get. :bowdown:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Geeezzz,

I should have known if anyone can find a deal it has gotta be you.

You just cant beat customer service like that, makes you glad you bought American.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had nothing but great luck with S&W on any issue warranty or even non-warranty.

They even go above and beyond by sending extra stuff on any warranty issue I have had.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W customer service is damn hard to beat. I have an old S&W 457 that had a bent front sight and they treated me the same as GED, 2 days after the call the sight was in my mail box.

leadfinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They DO have GREAT CS. I had to send my broken M&P 15/22 to them for repair. They paid for shipping both ways, AND returned it with a FREE magazine. It has shot flawlessly since it's return some months ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom