As if I didn't love Smith & Wesson enough already...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But everytime I fire this 1911 and see how dead nuts accurate it is...it just blows me away! :ooh2:

BTDT! I went to the range last weekend with a 3" 625, a 325 Night Guard, and a 4" Kimber 1911. I shot them in that order - was pretty sucky with the revolvers, but the 1911 made me look like a halfway decent shooter :D

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry guys. This was my 2nd try at the 1911. My first experience with the first one was some 18/19 years ago. That one was a heap.

The Smith & Wesson 1911s looked like good pistols to me. And they absolutely are.

They're just not for me. :disappoin

After cuttin' your teeth on a wheelgun and then totin a Glock for damn near 20 years, my hands just won't allow me to carry nuthin' else, I reckon. :ugh2:

My simple body mechanics are used to, "draw...fire...shoot" without a bunch of safeties to snick off and without a long DA first shot, followed up by a short SA shot and without having to decock the damned thing when I'm done shooting.

I'm simple minded...I need a simple weapon. :preocc:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As many of you may or may not know, I recently entered the 1911 realm with a Smith & Wesson 1911Sc pistol. I love this little bottom feeder! It's without a doubt, the most accurate pistol I have ever owned. I'm talking less than inch and a half groups here people! The very first time I fired it, I got one ragged hole with no fliers!

Anyway...

The feller I got it from had a big ol' honkin' extended slide stop installed. I suppose they serve a purpose, but I don't like 'em. :disappoin I've been to two or three different gunsmiths as well as ordered three from different manufacturers (Wilson, Ed Brown and EGW) none of them "dropped" in.

Then just today, I'm looking at Smith & Wesson's website and lo & behold - they sell parts! :w000t: So, I call 'em up and spoke to a gentleman. Told him I was a police officer and needed a slide stop for my S&W 1911. He asked for my name and address and then said we'll get that in the mail to ya. I said, "wait a minute! Lemme give ya my Visa number."

He replied, "nah! That part isn't but 5 bills and some change...fuhgetaboutit! It's on it's way."

This is why I continue to support Smith & Wesson every chance I get. :bowdown:

On my new '1917', which has had various issues, the gunsmith who is currently working on it, needed a new sear after a previous gunsmith messed it up. S&W sent it to him free of charge. The gunsmith says that the problems are just about to be ironed out. God, I hope so. That particular gun has been giving me problems ever since I got it.
And that is very rare in my experience for a S&W.

Latest posts

Top Bottom