ATF exposes dealers to pressure and risks to satisfy Obama’s executive action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a dealer, but I have given some thought about being a gunsmith after I retire. The question I have is if the Oklahoma 2nd Amendment Protection act goes into effect, will the harassment from the ATF cease? Or better yet will the local police place an ATF officer under arrest and will the District Attorney prosecute a case like that.

My guess is if the OK law passes you won't see any arrests or convictions. I just don't see a TPD officer going up to two BATF agents and placing them under arrest at Dongs. That would get ugly, quick.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this. :rubhands:

What if the several states that are working on their "2A preservation" laws (like OK SB548) actually get them passed and then banded together and did some sort of reciprocity agreement with each other? You could sell to anyone within those states. Or even better yet use the existing reciprocity agreements already in place for CCW? I mean for all intents and purposes CCW holders have already been checked out and are clear right? Could be useful for flying the finger at the .gov at the very least.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What if the several states that are working on their "2A preservation" laws (like OK SB548) actually get them passed and then banded together and did some sort of reciprocity agreement with each other? You could sell to anyone within those states.
That would be interstate commerce, the regulation of which is clearly defined in the Constitution as a power held by the Congress.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I will gladly offer FFL services,

50 bucks from the seller, and 50 bucks from the buyer is my rate, and you must pay me the sales tax on the selling price.

this^^ i was in my local pawn shop yesterday. the two owners take turns working saturdays. i overheard them talking on the phone about going from $25 to 50 on receiving of guns. patrick is justified to ask more if the time and paperwork double or triple IMO

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would be interstate commerce, the regulation of which is clearly defined in the Constitution as a power held by the Congress.

As opposed to the 2nd Amendment, which is clearly defined as a right of the people that shall not be infringed upon by the same Congress? The interstate commerce clause has long been used by the feds to gain control over almost everything. It's time we start taking some back and I can't think of a better way than for several states to send a "collective" message.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Seems it wasn't clearly defined enough. It was originally intended to keep trade free among the states and prevent them from putting tariffs on interstate trade. But now the federal government has turned it into a tool to regulate damn near everything and charge their own "tariffs" on that trade.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems it wasn't clearly defined enough. It was originally intended to keep trade free among the states and prevent them from putting tariffs on interstate trade. But now the federal government has turned it into a tool to regulate damn near everything and charge their own "tariffs" on that trade.
I didn't say that the Commerce Clause was well-defined (although it really was until the New Deal and FDR's courts stretched it to the point it resembled the elastic in Rosie O'Donnell's drawers), just that the power to regulate interstate commerce is a power that is clearly granted to the Congress.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As opposed to the 2nd Amendment, which is clearly defined as a right of the people that shall not be infringed upon by the same Congress?
How does requiring that interstate transfers go through an FFL infringe on your right to keep and bear arms?

Now, don't get me wrong, I think NFA '34, GCA '68, the Brady Act, and the "It's a Crime, Bill" '94 are all garbage and need to be eradicated from the books (hell, I think the 2nd Amendment means I, as a US Citizen in good standing, should be able to walk into Los Alamos National Labs, plunk down my cash, and walk out with a tactical nuke), but states cannot exercise powers that are explicitly granted to the Federal government. That's the way our Founding Fathers set up the system (after some significant trial and error), and it's worked pretty damned well for over 200 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom