Biden DOJ announces new gun control rule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading things wrong. Maybe I've been doing things wrong, but...

I thought that FFLs were already supposed to be providing lockable options for their customers.
I got gigged on a compliance inspection several years back because I didn't have readily available trigger locks for firearms during transfers.
Have always kept them on hand ever since.

As to the times where police departments and sheriff departments give out gun locks.
Interestingly, they usually (in my experience) have a very low limit on the number of locks that you can get at a time.
I wanted 10 once and got weird looks and told I could have two and that was "stretching it."

Dave

Years ago I was at the Tulsa Co Fair and Project Child Safe was handing out locks. They seemed more than happy to let me have as many as I wanted.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep saying this. The purpose of gun control laws is not to reduce or prevent crime. The purpose for passing gun control laws is to make it look like we're doing SOMETHING about crime. For reasons that are obvious to all of us here it will never work, but it's a lot easier to pass gun control laws than it is to address the real problems. And it can't look to voters like we're doing nothing.
You may be right but, I think this is more of the effort to make it more of a pain in the ass to own a firearm. The Libs want it to be too much trouble to own a gun. I think it is an effort to eliminate firearms altogether by making you not wanting to deal with the hassle of ownership.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may be right but, I think this is more of the effort to make it more of a pain in the ass to own a firearm. The Libs want it to be too much trouble to own a gun. I think it is an effort to eliminate firearms altogether by making you not wanting to deal with the hassle of ownership.
Oh, you're absolutely right. But that's part of the plan. Do they really think making it harder to own a gun will make it harder for criminals to own a gun? Some might, but at the heart of it, it won't and I suspect the lawmakers know that. But when they run for re-election they can says, "Here's what we did to fight crime." They're not actually fighting crime, because what they are doing only affect people who obey laws, but it's much easier than actually preventing criminal behavior. By definition, criminals don't obey laws.

So I'm talking about an ultimate goal of doing something ineffective, so they can claim to voters they're doing something that will be effective. You're talking about a method of accomplishing that. I think we're both right.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, you're absolutely right. But that's part of the plan. Do they really think making it harder to own a gun will make it harder for criminals to own a gun? Some might, but at the heart of it, it won't and I suspect the lawmakers know that. But when they run for re-election they can says, "Here's what we did to fight crime." They're not actually fighting crime, because what they are doing only affect people who obey laws, but it's much easier than actually preventing criminal behavior. By definition, criminals don't obey laws.

So I'm talking about an ultimate goal of doing something ineffective, so they can claim to voters they're doing something that will be effective. You're talking about a method of accomplishing that. I think we're both right.
To answer your question, no I don't think making it harder to own a gun will make it harder for criminals to own a gun. The one exception might be if less people owned guns there would be fewer gun out there to be stolen by criminals. I agree that lawmakers don't care about crime, they want control of everyone. The case posted by someone on here about the guy that had 6- or 7-gun convictions and didn't go to jail for the last one proves this. If they can't keep the crime rate up, they can't justify passing more of this crap that only affects honest gun owners.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To answer your question, no I don't think making it harder to own a gun will make it harder for criminals to own a gun. The one exception might be if less people owned guns there would be fewer gun out there to be stolen by criminals. I agree that lawmakers don't care about crime, they want control of everyone. The case posted by someone on here about the guy that had 6- or 7-gun convictions and didn't go to jail for the last one proves this. If they can't keep the crime rate up, they can't justify passing more of this crap that only affects honest gun owners.
There is probably a lot of truth in that, too.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this quote pretty much says it all.

“Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins."​

Former Gambino Crime Family Underboss Sammy "The Bull" Gravano​

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My question is this:
How come every 4-8 or sooner years, we the responsible gun community have to even be part of the gun control scene?
I mean wtf.
Sounds to me that there's a lot of people that don't want us armed, (Germany) again.
History repeats itself....
Stay armed my brothers and sisters.

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is aimed at ways to punish firearms dealers, not to make anyone safer

I think that's a bit of an overstatement especially as I can't think of a single actual gun store I've ever been in that didn't offer at least some sort of lock box that would qualify. To my mind, as a dealer, this is just low hanging fruit that's going to get through with no opposition that the administration will be able to hold out as proof that they are "committed to safety" or some such BS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom