ATF to Require Information on Frequent Gunbuyers in Border States

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it's been discussed before as pending, but I believe this is the first official announcement that it's being put into effect. Let's see, the BATFE has been ordering gun dealers to report potential straw purchasers and then letting them walk away with the guns without so much as a "hold on a minute". Now they want to require multiple sale reports on so called "assault weapons" because they AIDED AND ABBETTED the illegal trafficking of guns into Mexico. Apparently they don't know how to spell the word HYPOCRISY. :(

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slippery slope? Hell man, they've slid all the way down at DOJ. I wonder just what it's gonna take to impeach some people.
Like GTG said they broke the law by aiding and abetting the sale.
They also broke the law when they started firing the whistle blowers.
I wonder if this "new requirement" breaks some laws?

WTF! Do they have to find the AG driving them across himself? Jeeesh....:scream:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it's been discussed before as pending, but I believe this is the first official announcement that it's being put into effect. Let's see, the BATFE has been ordering gun dealers to report potential straw purchasers and then letting them walk away with the guns without so much as a "hold on a minute". Now they want to require multiple sale reports on so called "assault weapons" because they AIDED AND ABBETTED the illegal trafficking of guns into Mexico. Apparently they don't know how to spell the word HYPOCRISY. :(

Do as I say not as I do.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone explain the thought process of the ATF to me, please.

They will keep a closer watch on multiple long gun sales in states along the southern border. How exactly will this keep long guns from reaching the hands of Mexican drug gangs?

Won't they simply get people to buy their guns in Oklahoma, Missouri etc. If this is the best the U.S. can do to battle Mexican drug gangs, then they are laughing in our face. Guns don't murder people. Evil people do.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone explain the thought process of the ATF to me, please.

They will keep a closer watch on multiple long gun sales in states along the southern border. How exactly will this keep long guns from reaching the hands of Mexican drug gangs?

Won't they simply get people to buy their guns in Oklahoma, Missouri etc. If this is the best the U.S. can do to battle Mexican drug gangs, then they are laughing in our face. Guns don't murder people. Evil people do.

I don't think that the ATF are the ones doing the thinking here. I think they are just trying to do their jobs (at the field office level) and being ordered from above to not do their jobs, and they are like :lookaroun

Very Interesting Article Here

An excerpt from the above link:
When this business of American firearms in Mexico first became news two years ago, I was immediately skeptical of the numbers proclaimed by the mainstream media: 90% of the cartels' guns were coming from the U.S. The liberal media had a heyday with a story where America was against the villain, even though common sense told me there were far easier ways to get guns into Mexico than smuggling them across its most heavily guarded border. With thousands of miles of coastline and a porous southern border with Central and South America, and hundreds of major arms dealers worldwide eager to ply the lethal products trade*, why choose the high-risk route? Fox News alone of the media shared my disbelief. And even though the liberal media and liberal Democrat politicians immediately used the story as further evidence of American perfidy and blame, it simply didn't stand up to common sense analysis, unless...

Unless of course the Obama Administration was deliberately allowing, even encouraging, the cross-border transshipment of firearms, which we now know was indeed the case. While the media and the gun control lobby were screaming that lax gun laws were to blame, it was in fact our own federal government facilitating the smuggling operations, supposedly in an attempt to ensnare the Mexican cartels. How that was to be accomplished has still not been explained. Once those guns crossed into Mexico, the U.S. lost jurisdiction over their use and the Mexican government's inability to disarm the cartels or even track captured weaponry is glaringly obvious. What then was the true objective of the Obama Administration?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what is the status of the investigation? Do we have any champions in the Congress insisting on a full and complete investigation? Or is the whole mess in the process of being swept under the carpet? Time for a special prosecutor?

The level of outrage seems way too low.

Latest posts

Top Bottom