Attn veterans !.....Covid vaccine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received a call twenty minutes ago from the Norman VA clinic informing me that the VA hospital in OKC is now giving Covid shots to veterans 65 and older......prior to a day or two ago they were only giving the vaccine to vets 75 and older which left me out because I just turned 71 a couple of weeks ago.

The lady in Norman gave me a number to call in OKC and my first shot is tomorrow morning at 7:15 a.m. and my second shot is already scheduled for Feb. 19th at 7:00 a.m......they are using the Pfizer vaccine.

If you are interested in getting the vaccine and you are a veteran over the age of 65 call 456-7119 (select option 2) to schedule an appointment.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep got mine at the OKC VA, it was fairly quick, painless and I had to wait 1/2 hour in a room with other veterans and went home a the allotted time. I did have a sore arm on the 2nd day and the site was sore to the touch the 3rd day and after that no symptoms.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't help me, even if I wanted the vaccine. I tried a few years ago to sign up with the VA, not for any health benefits, but just to be signed up. They told me that the total of our (wife and my) incomes were too high for me to be eligible.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't help me, even if I wanted the vaccine. I tried a few years ago to sign up with the VA, not for any health benefits, but just to be signed up. They told me that the total of our (wife and my) incomes were too high for me to be eligible.
I wish I had that problem. Lol

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a little over 24 hrs. since I had vaccination #1 and other than a very slight discomfort and the injection point I feel fine.

I know two people that have already had injection #2 and both said pretty much the same thing......#1 was a piece of cake but #2 made both of them feel fatigued for several days and their joints ached.

As far as the aching joints go one of the two went so far to say that his hands ached so bad that it felt like someone had beat on them with a rubber mallet. :)

My injection #2 is scheduled for Feb. 19th......still having trouble getting mama an appointment somewhere for her first injection.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a little over 24 hrs. since I had vaccination #1 and other than a very slight discomfort and the injection point I feel fine.

I know two people that have already had injection #2 and both said pretty much the same thing......#1 was a piece of cake but #2 made both of them feel fatigued for several days and their joints ached.

As far as the aching joints go one of the two went so far to say that his hands ached so bad that it felt like someone had beat on them with a rubber mallet. :)

My injection #2 is scheduled for Feb. 19th......still having trouble getting mama an appointment somewhere for her first injection.

I had joint pain & body ache symptoms after #2. It’s the body’s immune response symptoms & pretty common. Only lasted 24 hrs then felt fine.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My VA appointment for the 2nd vaccination was scheduled for 0700 this morning but I showed up 30 minutes early and received my shot at 0640.

Too soon to tell but because some have had reactions to the 2nd dose (even the gal that gave me my vaccination) I stopped at the store on the way home and picked up a new bottle of Tylenol just in case.

I don't use the VA for normal / routine medical care but I'll have to admit their Covid vaccinations are running smooth as silk with no glitches.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My VA appointment for the 2nd vaccination was scheduled for 0700 this morning but I showed up 30 minutes early and received my shot at 0640.

Too soon to tell but because some have had reactions to the 2nd dose (even the gal that gave me my vaccination) I stopped at the store on the way home and picked up a new bottle of Tylenol just in case.

I don't use the VA for normal / routine medical care but I'll have to admit their Covid vaccinations are running smooth as silk with no glitches.

My symptoms started 12hrs after 2nd shot. Lasted for about a day.
Good luck

Trung Si Ma

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only had the first shot so far with the 2nd scheduled for 5 Mar @ 1330. The first one caused extended sleeping and a high fever (102) but I was fine after the second day. In Lawton, the VA is giving the Mederna (sp?) shots with 4 weeks in between.

Latest posts

Top Bottom