Reaction to Shingles Vaccine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'd get the vax. If it doesn't work you really haven't lost anything. From what I've heard from others, shingles suck big time.
The doc i see usually gives me a priscribtion of some anti inflamatory meds and some steriods and in less than 12 hours all the pain is gone. when i started getting them it was every 3 months then it went to twice a year and they kept spacing out further apart and i know it has been 2 maybe 3 years since the last accurance. Funny it may just be cause im no longer working for someone else now days and havent for the last 3 years.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'd get the vax. If it doesn't work you really haven't lost anything. From what I've heard from others, shingles suck big time.
My mom got shingles around her waist. She said it was the most painful thing she had ever experienced.
According to the TV ads, 90% of anyone over 50 yrs old has the shingles virus in their body already waiting for the day to start.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom got shingles around her waist. She said it was the most painful thing she had ever experienced.
According to the TV ads, 90% of anyone over 50 yrs old has the shingles virus in their body already waiting for the day to start.
According to tv ads everyone has aids, psoriasis, type 2 diabetes, Tardive dyskinesia, and mental health disorders and Pfizer has a fix for all of it.

Seriously though, shingles is just the chickenpox virus resurfacing so if you've had chickenpox then there's a chance for shingles flare-up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to tv ads everyone has aids, psoriasis, type 2 diabetes, Tardive dyskinesia, and mental health disorders and Pfizer has a fix for all of it.

Seriously though, shingles is just the chickenpox virus resurfacing so if you've had chickenpox then there's a chance for shingles flare-up.
I think most that have been around for awhile have had or been exposed to chicken pox, so their claim may have some validity, but I get your point.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the 2 injection Shingrix vacination about 1.5 years ago. Only side effect was mild site tenderness and perhaps a little yuck feeling for a couple hours.

One wants to avoid shingles. My 25 year old stepson had it for around 3 weeks. Brought on by stress I think. Thigh and abdomen. Downright painful and limited range of meds that do anything for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom