Reaction to Shingles Vaccine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejg

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
So it seems the shingles vax reactions are sorta like the Taco Bell dinner plate...........your either OK with it or it tears you a new azz.
My wife was wiped out with the flu symptoms and sore arm for almost a week and I had large hives occur from the beltline up my back to about my shoulders that lasted for almost two weeks after the first shot. The doctor said it would behoove us both to skip the second one. This was only a few months ago.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been three months with my outbreak. Feels like the nerve damage is permanent but perhaps that is just a function of how slow its lifting. I’m told by a friend his nerve pain lasted the better part of a year. I’ve been waiting for it to clear up before I got vaccinated but this last post scares me a little. Nobody wants to see this fat belly but I took the picture so you have to see it😉. Btw, the nerve pain was over my whole back, all the way to my armpits and down the backs of both arms, every bit as bad as where it surfaced. But the stubborn pain is only where the rash surfaced.

Attachments

• IMG_7818.jpeg
    IMG_7818.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got my first shot 2 years ago and I was sicker than a dog. The nurse prepared me for it though. Before I got the shot she told me I was going to hate her later. Yeah, I’m not getting any more of those shots. I had a lot of shots in the military and the Shingles vaccine was by far the worst vaccine I’ve had.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Drs has wanted to give me the vac but didnt know if it would help me or not since i have had the shingles so i choose not to get it and it has been over 2 years since i have had my last outbreak, the bad part about mine is they have always been internal so it was hard to find a doc that would treat me for them.
Supposedly the vaccine will at least lessen the severity of the outbreaks if you do have another bout of Shingles.
I’ve had shingles once, with no external signs, but half my head felt like it had been on fire and was put out with a bucket of boiling water.
Don’t want to go through that again, so got the vaccine.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wife and I had the shingrix vaccine and she had flu-like symptos and I had none. We told our Doctor and he said the second part that we are to take wont hit her as hard.-the side effects are lessened.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wife and I had the shingrix vaccine and she had flu-like symptos and I had none. We told our Doctor and he said the second part that we are to take wont hit her as hard.-the side effects are lessened.

Funny how doctors are so different in what they say. The Shingrix website says the second dose is usually harder on people than the first. It certainly was for me.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was in Dr. office Tuesday and inquired about Shingrix. Nurse said strong, tough, and healthy guys are having a very tough time with the second shot. And what do they do for pain? Seems in this day and age that should be a standard treatment. Just like after a surgery.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom